Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
bowengjr

Pump station

My pump station on my raptor 300mp is not pumping, i use it frequnetly and i was checking it over and notice it is not pumping. The timer is working and i checked the fuses but i'm at a loss. Any tips would be great.
bowengjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
bowengjr

also i noticed that the pump is not making any noise like it usually does when i switch it on. I checked power and it is getting power to the pump.
bowengjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
rebelfan

I know this sounds kinda simple but my would not pump because there was not any gas in the tank. Gauge showed just above the E but put some gas in and it started pumping.
rebelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
ncstan

gas station

Hi, did you ever solve your gas pump not working?
I also have a Raptor 300mp and not pumping any gas or hear motor running?

Forgot to mention its a 2011 Raptor 300mp and the fuel pump switch is on with timer turned to 5 min. I tested the back of the on/off switch and timer and no power. Checked all fuses at main fuse/breaker station and all is good? Gas guage shows below empty but I know its got at least 5gallons in the tank.

thanks,
Stan

2011 Raptor 300mp
2007 Harley F250 6.0 diesel
2008 Yamaha waverunners
ncstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
geshields

I have a Raptor 365 and mine wasn't working the other day either. Same symptoms as stated above. Loosen the 4 bolts up top just a little and the pump will then work. Supposedly the gear inside swells a little and it then gets too tight! Someone suggested I use some fine sandpaper and take .004-.008 off the gear and it should work as a permanent fix.
geshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
linebiker

My fuel station started blowing fuses, pump locked up. Read they sell rebuild kits for these that cures the gear swelling, but as was mentioned just sanded gears and tried till it spun good on work bench. Have used it just three times since repair but is ok so far.

08 Raptor 299
06 Dodge 3500 Cummins Lone Star
B&W Companion 5th
linebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
marktaco

I assume you are speaking of some bolts that hold the pump on. Can you please clarify this for me and if you have any other suggestions, please list them about doing this repair.

Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it!
marktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I know no one wants to hear this one but with ethonal in fuel these days you do not want to leave fuel in the tank and pump that has not been treated for any length of time.

Also need to check to see if the pump is ethonal rated and if the rotor is swelling I am going to say probably not. Hence when you get the rebuild kit seems to solve the problem.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
marktaco

Gas Pump problem

I followed the advice of several others and loosened the 4 bolts on top of the pump by turning them about 1/4 turn. The pump then operated properly. About 5 hours later, I tried it again and it didn't pump. This time, instead of blowing a fuse, the pump was turning at a very slow speed but not operating properly. Weird!
marktaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

The ethonal blended fuel is making the rubber swell in the pump.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Ok during my trip I tried to make sure I did not fuel with blended fuel.....well in a rush I put 25 gallons of blended fuel and now my pump runs significantly slower. I am almost empty, so when it's gone I will refill with non ethonal fuel and see if the swelling will retreat some and restore pump operation. We do not have blended fuel in Alaska. A former Governor actually had it band from Ak markets because of poor quality it became by time it made it to the pump. Water being the worst part of it.