Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
malabarbob

Bullet 248 RKS Bedroom Light

Search I did but could not find a wall switch to turn the ceiling light on/off, above the bed. My wife has difficulty reaching the switch that is right on the light itself.

Thought about running a wire over the ceiling panel from the light and down the wall to a switch. On a different RV, this was next to impossible with all the foam in the walls and ceiling. Has anyone tried this?

My backup plan is I bought a 12 volt remote transformer/relay and wire it to the light fixture and velcro one of the two remotes to the wall to act as a light switch.
Any thoughts?
Towed with a 2016 F-150 Laredo with auto backup
Travel with our "Morkie" - Zoe
malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:26 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Re: Bullet 248 RKS Bedroom Light

You might want to consider modifying the existing light fixture by removing the off/on switch and replacing it with a "pull chain" switch. Several of us have added that type switch to the light over the dinette. It wouldn't be difficult to modify a "pancake light" the same way. If you're "not handy with mods" you could consider replacing the fixture with one that already has a "pull chain" switch.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:12 AM   #3
srvnt

Re: Bullet 248 RKS Bedroom Light

I ordered a 12v remote that came with 2 remotes for the light over the bed, 12 bucks. One remote I stuck by the bathroom door and the other under the bedroom overhead storage, right above our head. Awesome mod.

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
2015 Silverado CC LTZ 4x 2500 Duramax
HB Cal
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote