Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 AM   #1
WindWalker

New Owner Bullet 220RBI

I took delivery of my new Bullet 220RBI several days ago and so far all is well. The Tech was surprised when I arrived for the "Walk Thru" with my two page list of items to check. We went through everything with no surprises. Fridg and hot water on both gas and electric, furnace and AC, slides and awning, etc.

One issue I did not discover until the next day is the iRV stereo system will not play DVD's in color, only black and white. TV works just fine in color. I changed cables and tried every adjustment to no avail. This must be a "Low End" unit as I can't find out anything about it on the Web. I think rather than a warranty repair, I think I will just replace it with a better unit with HDMI output. Before I do that I need to confirm the TV is not the problem by testing the "Video In" connection on the TV.......not sure how I can do that.

Today I'm installing a slide topper which I purchased online for a great saving over CW price and shipped to my door by UPS.

We are looking forward to our first outing.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:27 AM   #2
CFDfireman90

Congrats on the new Bullet. On the B&W issue with DVD's male sure you are on the right input on the TV source menu. I found that issue on mine, sorry I can't remember which is the right one to be on. Use the source button on your TV remote and try the different options. One of them will only show your DVD in B&W another will give you color.
CFDfireman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:27 AM   #3
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck. We did not have a black and white issue but a no speakers in the bedroom issue so we just connected a normal DVD player to the TV and all is good. Have fun.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
WindWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFDfireman90 View Post
Congrats on the new Bullet. On the B&W issue with DVD's male sure you are on the right input on the TV source menu. I found that issue on mine, sorry I can't remember which is the right one to be on. Use the source button on your TV remote and try the different options. One of them will only show your DVD in B&W another will give you color.
I think I have checked and tried all the available inputs but I will check again. Right now I think trying another DVD player would eliminate the TV as the problem. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
WindWalker

It seems the problem was an incorrect source as suggested. All is well and DVD plays in color............. Thanks CFDfireman90.

Just as a side note, I installed the slide topper this morning without issues so I'm just about ready for a road trip, or shake-down cruise as some would say.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
scott24

Ours played in black and white a few times. It's user error
Old 07-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
CFDfireman90

Glad to hear it was a simple solution. Happy and safe motoring.
CFDfireman90 is offline   Reply With Quote