Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
kart77

Fuel Station Issue

Own a 2010 raptor 300mp..... I use this camper alot....probably can be considered full-timing it......

First time this has ever happened........

Yesterday , Filled up the generator gas tank before heading to the campsite ..... once i got to my site, got set up, and about 20 minutes later .....while sitting inside camper.....smelled gas. After inspection...found that gas was rushing out the filler tube........ even with the gas cap screwed on....

I unscrewed the cap......and the problem stopped......then I Screwed the cap back on.

Today i found the same thing going on....fuel was rushing out even though the cap was tight......

Is there a vent tube on the camper, or, is the cap a vented type...and one or the other possibly stopped up...... would this possibly be the problem...?

Thanks in advance !
kart77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
ocho

I've got the same 5 er. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm very curious about what may be causing it.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
Locowrench

Id bet there is a vent line/valve in the system that is blocked. Not having that generator tank on my trailer I am only guessing but fuel expands and contracts with temp and those gasses need to be expelled some how or you experience what you are seeing now. I had a similar problem with my car. After I put fuel in it, it would burp out about a qt back on the ground. It has a roll over protection valve in the tank that went south. They had to replace the tank to solve the problem. Not sure if trailers are equipped with that or not but its something to think about.

2014 Fuzion 301
2012 Goldwing
1995 Goldwing
Locowrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
rnkburg

I have the 2012 model and I kept hearing a bang sounding like a gun going off. Took a while to find but there is a vent tube hose that ties back into the main somehow. Anyway when they put the hose on they forgot to take the transport cap off the tank causing it to not vent properly. You have to drop the tank to find this and take the hose off. Mine was on the auxiliary tank. My gen tank was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote