Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
Bulletman

Manual Slide Operation

I have a new 2015 230BHS Bullet and I just realized I was not shown how to operate the slide manually in case it of no power or damage??

Can anyone that owns a 230BHs or model with the same dinette slide enlighten me?

Thanks
Bulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
bellsharbor

Hey Bulletman, see if this helps. Happy travels!

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

35 Years of Boating on The Great Lakes
20 Years of Motor Homes in The West
Now a New Travel Trailer
Happy Travels Everyone!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
JimQ

When we took delivery of our Bullet, the dealer instructed us to do the following in case of a malfunction:In the 248RKS ( rear kitchen model) remove the bottom drawer which exposes the controller which is mounted to the floor. Simply unplug the unit and with another person, push in the slide out all the way, then plug the motor back in, which will hold the slide in that position. Hope it never happens but it's always best to be prepared.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:54 AM   #4
Bentmaple5

Bulletman, I believe you have the cable pull system, which relocated the motor inside the unit. If this is so you will go inside your unit. In the top center of your unit slide you will see the decorative center medallion and it will have two screws on it. You remove those screws and remove the small piece of plywood. Removing the plywood will expose the motor(s). My large living room slide has two motors. You should have received a 10" long flexible drill bit with a square tip. This square tip inserts into the motor. With your drill in reverse you will slowly pull the slide in. If you have more than one motor you will have to pull one side in a couple of inches, then work the other side until it is all the way in.

Hopefully that makes sense. That is how my dealer explained the manual override to me.

Brian
Bentmaple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
BadDogWillie

Does anyone know about the keystone Laredo slides?

Bad Dog Willie just saying....
Moving down the road!
BadDogWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
Bulletman

Definitely not under a drawer. Not up top inside the unit either. I think the video above is correct. Will verify with dealer.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 AM   #7
rweis

I have a 2014 Laredo 314RE and had a slide stuck 1' out curb side. Called service and they said 3 people, 1 push each corner, 1 run switch to get it in. Only 2 of us, I butt bumped one side a tad, DW momentarily activated switch (1/2 second), I butt bumped other side, .....

Took off facet board at top of slide and motor and gear drive is there. Motor ran, connection to gear drive ran, gear drive ran, gear skipping sound, rig at dealer getting fixed.

Google "Accu-Slide" by BAL. I do not know where you get the flexi extension to drive a dead motor, but someone must have them.

I am really interested in how to take care of the slide cable system, how to tweak it, how to fix it (change cable etc). Does anyone have any knowledge to share?
rweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
JimQ

Bulletman: Not sure where yours is located, but the CONTROLLER for the slideout is under the sink cabinet bottom drawer, mounted to the floor. The dealer should know where yours is located and help you out. Good Luck
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #9
bdgmbdgm

extension

where do you get the flexi extension for the hydraulic slides ?
bdgmbdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #10
Dave in Va

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweis View Post
I have a 2014 Laredo 314RE and had a slide stuck 1' out curb side. Called service and they said 3 people, 1 push each corner, 1 run switch to get it in. Only 2 of us, I butt bumped one side a tad, DW momentarily activated switch (1/2 second), I butt bumped other side, .....

Took off facet board at top of slide and motor and gear drive is there. Motor ran, connection to gear drive ran, gear drive ran, gear skipping sound, rig at dealer getting fixed.

Google "Accu-Slide" by BAL. I do not know where you get the flexi extension to drive a dead motor, but someone must have them.

I am really interested in how to take care of the slide cable system, how to tweak it, how to fix it (change cable etc). Does anyone have any knowledge to share?
Ours was included with the unit, but I didn't know what it was for at the time...

"Knowledge is good" -- Emil Faber

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091 -- The Champagne of Ships

Dave in Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #11
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweis View Post

Accu Slide service PDF manual link

http://www.primetimerv.com/download/...vicemanual.pdf
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
Bentmaple5

I don't know if I posted the pics correctly, but I included a picture of my slide in my 2014 Passport. The pictures focus on the center panel, and the motors behind the panel. I will tell you I started with. 2015 bullet 252bhs and we traded into the Passport we have now (don't ask, it is a long expensive story. Let's just say not all women make sense). The directions I got from the dealer were the same on both units.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #13
Bulletman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentmaple5 View Post
I don't know if I posted the pics correctly, but I included a picture of my slide in my 2014 Passport. The pictures focus on the center panel, and the motors behind the panel. I will tell you I started with. 2015 bullet 252bhs and we traded into the Passport we have now (don't ask, it is a long expensive story. Let's just say not all women make sense). The directions I got from the dealer were the same on both units.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bent,

Thanks for all the pics but mine has the trim pieces on each top corner of the slide. nothing in the middle. I will be at the dealer tomorrow and will ask them to show me for sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
Dave in Va

Just got back from the dealer. Conformed that I had the Accu-Slide and was shown where to feel for the motor. It's in the center on top of the slide, but there is no removable panel to access it. Page 14 of the pdf shows a diagram of the slide. The service manager said that you have to remove the trim, but had no direction from Keystone as to the proper procedure.

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99

Old 07-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #15
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Va View Post
Just got back from the dealer. Conformed that I had the Accu-Slide and was shown where to feel for the motor. It's in the center on top of the slide, but there is no removable panel to access it. Page 14 of the pdf shows a diagram of the slide. The service manager said that you have to remove the trim, but had no direction from Keystone as to the proper procedure.
On mine there are two little plugs in the face of the raised center of the header... under each of them is a screw.. remove plug, remove screw, gently pull and the center comes off.. motor is waaaaaaaay back against the outside wall.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
Dave in Va

Nope, no visible means of access. Not sure what Keystone was thinking...

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99

Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Dave,

Feel behind (or use a mirror and flash light to look behind) that center medallion, the one that you've got the "Another Day in Paradise" sign hung on. You'll probably find that behind it are 4 #2 square drive screws through the two side pieces. Undo those screws and the center should pull right off.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #18
Dave in Va

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Dave,

Feel behind (or use a mirror and flash light to look behind) that center medallion, the one that you've got the "Another Day in Paradise" sign hung on. You'll probably find that behind it are 4 #2 square drive screws through the two side pieces. Undo those screws and the center should pull right off.
Nope--I just checked. No fasteners are back there. The dealer doesn't know, either. The Passport has an obviously removable panel to access the mechanism. Same mechanism on the Bullet, but no removable panel.

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99

Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #19
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Va View Post
Nope--I just checked. No fasteners are back there. The dealer doesn't know, either. The Passport has an obviously removable panel to access the mechanism. Same mechanism on the Bullet, but no removable panel.
When your slide is in, can you look at the top of the slide from the side of it and see if there is any indication of a removable access point?
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #20
Bulletman

Was at the dealer and the service manager showed me where to remove the screw to disengage the motor. Just like the video posted earlier in the post. I have the schwintek system.

Bulletman