Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #21
SGardiner

For an entry level trailer we are satisfied with it so far. A few minor issues, but nothing that makes us regret our decision.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #22
Topglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmark Johnny View Post
We bought our 2014 Bullet 272BHS over Memorial Day weekend and just love it! We took it on two close to home weekend camping trips (approx hr drive from home each) to work out any bugs.We then took it from OH to Yellowstone National Park just last month. We put on over 3500mi during that trip alone. We have had zero problems with the quality at all.

Of course after living in it for a bit we made some minor mods like additional towel rack for the bathroom and dishcloth bar in the kitchen area. All said we have spent 21 days in it so far and have another few small trips then on to Niagara Falls for the Labor day Weekend. We couldn't be more thrilled with our Bullet!!!
You didn't happen to buy your Bullet from All American Coach did you?
Topglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #23
rgnmgr

Bullet 272BHS

We got our Bullet in Feb. - love it! Like others, we have moved the TV to the bedroom, added 32" in its place. Added gel toppers to all the beds. Reversed the closures on the bedroom curtains to reduce the light. Slightly propped up the couch in the front so you don't slide off. Added extension cord and clip on fans for the bunk areas. Added or modified cabinet and storage areas.
Our first trip was 3,000 miles which included another couple who stayed in the bunks. Great time!
Fall trips planned. We cannot wait to get back out in our unit.
rgnmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #24
Bulletproof

We love our Bullet. Bought it used so any issues have been because of lack of maintenance by previous owner.

2005 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2011 Bullet 281BHS
P3 Controller.
New to camping, Girls 7 and 10, Yellow Lab Dakota!
Bulletproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #25
Flabbytax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbillett View Post
Well we love ours!!! Can't wait for our next trip out. I just replaced all the interior lights with LEDs
We're they the puck lights? If so how much did it cost to replace them? We have 10 puck lights in our premier 32BHPR. I read that the normal bulbs use 47watts versus like 13 for the LEDS.

We had to rebuild our bunks in our 13' 32BHPR. The craftsmanship was horrible. They had over a foot gap in some spots so we reinforced it. The Luan is cheap and we will be replacing that as we keep breaking through.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #26
cospilot

hello everyone, this is our FIRST camper. and we got a 2014 Bullet Premiere 32BHPR I got this camper because as new to the RV scene we aren't totally sure how we are going to feel about camping just yet. I know we pretty much jumped in with both feet on this purchase but we were offered 31k from a dealer in Longmont Colorado for a 2015. I decided we would wait till spring. but I came across a brand new 2014 model in WI from a dealer who was switching from keystone to Heart land.
as a result we got our unit for 23,000 brand new+ tax.
it cost me 500 in fuel to pull it home to Colorado.
my feeling is that we got such a good deal that if we decide on a new camper or just sell it, I am not going to get hurt too bad on resale value.
it just felt like too good of a deal to pass up.

so I've been upgrading the electronics. I got rid of the junk iRV radio and went with a Jensen and HDMI output. added a sound bar and subwoofer and am in the process of getting the HDMI signal to the outdoor TV.
upgraded all the Lights to LED.

we got to camp in it one night on the way home in a walmart parking lot. watched a movie and brought a portable generator with us for power to use the microwave and such.
had a great time in it for a few hours, slept and hit the road again.
so far so good. haven't been able to use anything but the heater (winterized) but it was comfy to sleep in except for the mattress.
have to get that replaced asap!

anyway, happy to be here and getting stated on camping adventures.
cospilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #27
smokeater

We have a 2014 Premier 30 REPR and love it. The only issue I have with the quality is the slideout on the door side is not square. The external seal on the rear section doesn't touch the slideout at the upper portion. The dealer looked at it and said it is a defect from the factory and there was nothing that can be done but made a note in case of a future problem..............................
smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #28
michael_h

We have the 19 foot Premier by Bullet and have had some troubles with it over the last couple years but they were all warranty issues. So far so good
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #29
Bowhunter

We have a 2014 32bhpr as well. We love ours. Had our last camper for 10 years and love our new upgrade. If you never camped before, you won't realize, but I am sure you will enjoy a few features of your new camper like the large awning, the outdoor kitchen, a bathroom you can actually dry off in, having a shower door instead of a curtain, an enormous amount of indoor and outdoor storage, a large bedroom entrance, two bathroom doors, larger outdoor storage doors, and larger refrigerator. You may find these qualities in other campers, but hard to find all in one. The frame less tinted windows and front fiberglass cap are also worth mentioning. Everyone has specifics in what they like in a camper, but we love the features of ours. No issues after one season of regular use ( 7 trips). My only complaint is that they put the black water flush connection on the wrong side of the camper. Nothing an extra hose with quick connect can't ease. We converted our indoor lights to led which was a great modification. I hope you enjoy your camper, I know we love ours!

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD 6LV8
Current TT: 2014 32BHPR Premier
2003-2014: 2004 298BHL Springdale
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #30
Bowhunter

Curious where in WI cospilot bought your camper and just want to add a suggestion since you are new to camping. We have three kids that are now 21, 19, and 16. We started with our 1st camper back in 2004. We write down every night we sleep in the camper from sleeping in the driveway when we 1st got it in a journal. We log the date, campground, site #, and details of our adventures every night. After 11 years of doing this, it is amazing what you forget until you read it again. We document all the fun and frustrations. It is something we will make sure our kids all get a copy of when they get older so they remember the good times we spent as a family. It is amazing how fast they grew and quickly life passes. It is wonderful to capture some of this so it is never forgotten. Best wishes and happy camping!

Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #31
cospilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
Curious where in WI cospilot bought your camper and just want to add a suggestion since you are new to camping. We have three kids that are now 21, 19, and 16. We started with our 1st camper back in 2004. We write down every night we sleep in the camper from sleeping in the driveway when we 1st got it in a journal. We log the date, campground, site #, and details of our adventures every night. After 11 years of doing this, it is amazing what you forget until you read it again. We document all the fun and frustrations. It is something we will make sure our kids all get a copy of when they get older so they remember the good times we spent as a family. It is amazing how fast they grew and quickly life passes. It is wonderful to capture some of this so it is never forgotten. Best wishes and happy camping!
We got it at Quiet woods RV in Sturgeon bay. I found their ad on ebay for the unit which was at 12,000 and 21 hours remaining. as the auction ended we had already managed to get financing together at our local credit union and 2 more bids came in bringing it to 12,400 but it did not meet the reserve. they informed me their reserve was 23k and the rest was history.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #32
Shadowcats

We bought our Bullet 310BHS last year and we love it. Bought it in Michigan and brought it back to Colorado. Have already camped at 10,000 feet several times. Have made some mods like solar, ladder for the bunk, a shelf here and there and towel bars. We prefer a self-inflate mattress which works well for us. Have had the daughter/husband and 2 grandkids, plus two large German Shepherds along with Mom and I - we did great with lots of room. Workmanship and materials could have been better, but the price was certainly right. We're really happy with it...so much bigger than our last camper.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #33
Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cospilot View Post
We got it at Quiet woods RV in Sturgeon bay. I found their ad on ebay for the unit which was at 12,000 and 21 hours remaining. as the auction ended we had already managed to get financing together at our local credit union and 2 more bids came in bringing it to 12,400 but it did not meet the reserve. they informed me their reserve was 23k and the rest was history.
We bought our 32BHPR from them as well on Labor Day 2013. You got a good deal. We paid $26,000. I knew they stopped carrying the Keystones and wondered if that is where you got yours. We camped about 7 trips this last year and really enjoy ours. A definite upgrade from our Springdale. We hope you enjoy yours. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #34
cospilot

Thanks for your reply. Laurie told me they had just sold another unit a couple days earlier for 26k and being new to the market I felt this was too good to pass up.
What's more, in colorado I gave a local dealer the chance to see how close they could get. They said that price was about 2500 below their actual cost because of the shipping cost to colorado.
So if that is true, I felt it was well worth it to make the drive.
I'm self employed so getting time off was absolutely no problem. But 2550 miles in 3 days was a lot of driving! I don't know how we passed the time!
I feel that if the 32bhpr is not for us I'll be in a great position to get something else.

I'll be installing the awning lights this weekend. Also installing some air bag helper springs on my 2014 GMC SIERRA 1500 with 6.2l supercharged engine (624 hp. 600 tq)
It's got plenty of power but I need to level it out a bit. They also sold me a husky centerline WD hitch to tow with. I need to put a little more weight on the rear axel as the monster torque tends to spin the tires in low gears and my headlights are a little high. This should solve both problems I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #35
Bowhunter

Let me know how you like your awning lights. Curious how you get power to them and what brand you put in. I have considered doing this upgrade myself, but was not sure where to tap into the power.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #36
cospilot

Bullet Quality

I just installed them yesterday along with a complete undercarriage lighting (I call them docking lights) I ran my wire down to the porch light. I bought a roll of RGB LED wire 4 conductor and extended the connection at the end of the strip. It lays flat against the side of the camper, down to the porch light. I filed a small notch at the top of the porch light so it can fit behind the light and still sit flush against the wall.
It follows the path of the porch light wire and into the compartment behind the control panel. The control panel is loaded with 12 volt circuits. I ditched the power supply that came with the strip and tapped into 12 volts at the panel. Installed a new switch at the panel to cut power to the strip controller.
Then cut the IR sensor wire and extended it through the same path back to the porch light and drilled a hole in the back of the porch light fixture so the sensor now resides inside the porch light lens protected from elements and easy view of the remote controller..
I used white silicone to hide and adhere the extension wire to the side of the camper for the 6 or so inches it had to go to get to the porch light.
As others have mentioned I don't know how good the 2 sided adhesive is to hold the strip in place. I bought 2 rolls of tape to attach the docking lights to the underside frame rails which holds so well, if you try to remove the strip lighting it will pull the adhesive strip that came with the light away from the strip leaving it attached to my new strip of 2 sided tape.
So the solution is if it comes down I'll have to remove it and stick it to a new 2 sided tape.
If your interested, the undercarriage lights help me to guide the RV when backing up at night, dumping stations and when jacking the leveling jacks. Makes working under the unit at night a breeze and it looks pretty cool too!

The docking lights are controlled by the docking light switch on the tongue jack, I tapped into the switch that turns on the LED docking light.
In total there are 1200 lights under the trailer and 300 on the awning

Old 02-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #37
Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cospilot View Post
I just installed them yesterday along with a complete undercarriage lighting (I call them docking lights) I ran my wire down to the porch light. I bought a roll of RGB LED wire 4 conductor and extended the connection at the end of the strip. It lays flat against the side of the camper, down to the porch light. I filed a small notch at the top of the porch light so it can fit behind the light and still sit flush against the wall.
It follows the path of the porch light wire and into the compartment behind the control panel. The control panel is loaded with 12 volt circuits. I ditched the power supply that came with the strip and tapped into 12 volts at the panel. Installed a new switch at the panel to cut power to the strip controller.
Then cut the IR sensor wire and extended it through the same path back to the porch light and drilled a hole in the back of the porch light fixture so the sensor now resides inside the porch light lens protected from elements and easy view of the remote controller..
I used white silicone to hide and adhere the extension wire to the side of the camper for the 6 or so inches it had to go to get to the porch light.
As others have mentioned I don't know how good the 2 sided adhesive is to hold the strip in place. I bought 2 rolls of tape to attach the docking lights to the underside frame rails which holds so well, if you try to remove the strip lighting it will pull the adhesive strip that came with the light away from the strip leaving it attached to my new strip of 2 sided tape.
So the solution is if it comes down I'll have to remove it and stick it to a new 2 sided tape.
If your interested, the undercarriage lights help me to guide the RV when backing up at night, dumping stations and when jacking the leveling jacks. Makes working under the unit at night a breeze and it looks pretty cool too!

The docking lights are controlled by the docking light switch on the tongue jack, I tapped into the switch that turns on the LED docking light.
In total there are 1200 lights under the trailer and 300 on the awning

Looks awesome! Looks like you did a really nice job! Thanks for the input and the pics! I will definitely be looking at doing this this summer. Just too cold to mess with at this time here. Thanks again! Enjoy!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #38
cospilot

Happy to help, it was 70 degrees here in colorado today and it hit 75 yesterday! Got to love colorado, expecting snow Wednesday! Grr! Only thing bad about having weather like this is the reality winter still ain't over yet! It's like being teased!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #39
larrylt2

Happy Camper

My wife and I purchased our Bullet 251RBS in June 2014. In the course of the several camping trips, we remain very satisfied with our purchase. I do recommend purchasing the extended warranty, however.

A previous post reported losing the fender skirt on the drivers side slide out. The same happened to us last October. The skirt is attached with self tapping screws instead of pop rivets. Obviously this is a manufacturing issue since screws are quicker to install, but they come loose when traveling. The dealer replaced the skirt, but again used screws. In the meantime, I replaced the screws on the passenger's side with pop rivets to see which attachment is better. I think I know.

On our first outing, we were annoyed that the stove did not have electronic ignition. This is simply Keystone trying to cut costs. At least, Keystone should allow for a dealer install option. Using matches or a striker is an inconvenience.

Another problem is the location of the smoke alarm on the ceiling near the cabinets above the stove. Almost every time we prepared eggs and bacon, the alarm would notify our neighboring campers that breakfast was almost ready. So, I moved the smoke alarm to the bedroom and filled the holes.

Finally, the sink is actually too large. It blocks movement through the camper when the sofa bed is in use. This is a design issue and should be resolved in future models.

One other issue is the rear exterior gas connection. The factory installed the line up against the frame making attaching the gas hose to the quick-connect nearly impossible. Also, the gas pressure on our unit is very low at this point making the connection useless. Hopefully our dealer can resolve this problem.

We purchased this unit because of the reputation of Keystone, floor plan, and weight (just under 7000). It tows perfectly with our 2011 GMC Denali.
larrylt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylt2 View Post
My wife and I purchased our Bullet 251RBS in June 2014. In the course of the several camping trips, we remain very satisfied with our purchase. I do recommend purchasing the extended warranty, however.

A previous post reported losing the fender skirt on the drivers side slide out. The same happened to us last October. The skirt is attached with self tapping screws instead of pop rivets. Obviously this is a manufacturing issue since screws are quicker to install, but they come loose when traveling. The dealer replaced the skirt, but again used screws. In the meantime, I replaced the screws on the passenger's side with pop rivets to see which attachment is better. I think I know.

On our first outing, we were annoyed that the stove did not have electronic ignition. This is simply Keystone trying to cut costs. At least, Keystone should allow for a dealer install option. Using matches or a striker is an inconvenience.

Another problem is the location of the smoke alarm on the ceiling near the cabinets above the stove. Almost every time we prepared eggs and bacon, the alarm would notify our neighboring campers that breakfast was almost ready. So, I moved the smoke alarm to the bedroom and filled the holes.

Finally, the sink is actually too large. It blocks movement through the camper when the sofa bed is in use. This is a design issue and should be resolved in future models.

One other issue is the rear exterior gas connection. The factory installed the line up against the frame making attaching the gas hose to the quick-connect nearly impossible. Also, the gas pressure on our unit is very low at this point making the connection useless. Hopefully our dealer can resolve this problem.

We purchased this unit because of the reputation of Keystone, floor plan, and weight (just under 7000). It tows perfectly with our 2011 GMC Denali.
One of the most frequent issues with the plastic fender skirts on all RV's is cracking from the screw-hole to the edge of the skirt. A number of owners have reported significant problems with this method of attachment. One of the problems reported seems to be that if the screws are tightened too much, when the weather gets cold and the trailer is towed, the flexing will crack the skirts at the "too tight screws". One of the ways members have solved the problem is to put rubber washers under the screwhead or to remove the screw, put silicone in the hole and tighten the screw just enough to allow the silicone to seal and harden, keeping the screw from backing out. You might want to watch your pop-rivets carefully. If they are applying too much pressure on the plastic skirt, once you tow in cold weather for a season or two, you may find damage and cracking at the "too tight" fasteners.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote