Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
tileman

unit stop reading

My fuel gauge on my outside unit stop reading at my last fill up
I filled up the gen side all went good. But I soon as I went to fill up the pump side it let in maybe 1/2 gal and most of that came back at me

So after maybe 2 gal it started to fill up fine. So I guess the vent tube was block at some point.

But after I got gas I looked at my outside gauge and it was reading E
I got home today and took off the outside unit it comes off in one pc
has the on/off and gauge in it but it reads on the box that I have to replace the whole box no repairs can be made to it

So whats the best way to see whats wrong I have a volt meter I can use.

Thanks Ron.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
FireMech

If it's a analog type dial gauge it has a sending unit in the tank to measure the level. It should have one wire. To test the gauge, disconnect the gauge and and it should read all the way full or empty. Ground the gauge and it should read opposite. So if the gauge has a bad spot in the middle you will not know. This is all the testing that can be done unless the ohm specs are listed somewhere however you would need a special tool with pre-set ohm settings to test further.

I'm not familiar with this model, do you have a fuel gauge inside the unit? Is the fuel tank for the Gen and fuel station one tank or separate?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #3
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMech View Post
If it's a analog type dial gauge it has a sending unit in the tank to measure the level. It should have one wire. To test the gauge, disconnect the gauge and and it should read all the way full or empty. Ground the gauge and it should read opposite. So if the gauge has a bad spot in the middle you will not know. This is all the testing that can be done unless the ohm specs are listed somewhere however you would need a special tool with pre-set ohm settings to test further.

I'm not familiar with this model, do you have a fuel gauge inside the unit? Is the fuel tank for the Gen and fuel station one tank or separate?
I have one inside for the Gen and one outside for the fuel station.
The one inside works fine its just the outside that stopped working