Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
chartrand

New Premier 26RBPR

A new floor plan is coming this summer. It has a slide on both sides of the main living area and has an island in the kitchen. It looks like a really nice layout.

http://www.keystonerv.com/premier/#/floorplans

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
MISailor

I like it, but a window in the kitchen would be nice. Looks like it'll have LOTS of storage. With 2 pantries, a "linen" closet shirt wardrobes, over couch cabinets, and dinette drawers I'll bet overloading it will be a breeze!
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
RFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post
I like it, but a window in the kitchen would be nice. Looks like it'll have LOTS of storage. With 2 pantries, a "linen" closet shirt wardrobes, over couch cabinets, and dinette drawers I'll bet overloading it will be a breeze!
Hi Bill,
I have a 26RBPR Premier 2014, and just love it, how ever I got a slide out gear failier on the kitchen slid out this summer coming back from my last trip. Did you ever have any problems on yours?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	7669  
RFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
GaryWT

I have seen the floor plan. I am sure many will love it. For me, I do not like slides on the front side of the trailer they either take up awning space or cause the awning to be smaller so we stay away from them.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
MISailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFM View Post
Hi Bill,
I have a 26RBPR Premier 2014, and just love it, how ever I got a slide out gear failier on the kitchen slid out this summer coming back from my last trip. Did you ever have any problems on yours?
No problems yet with our slide (hope I didn't just jinx myself).
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
RFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post
No problems yet with our slide (hope I didn't just jinx myself).
Thanks for the info I was maybe just unlucky, I like so much this trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	7678  
RFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:33 PM   #7
michael_h

we've been throwing around the idea of getting something a little larger than our 19 Premier. We have been looking at the 26 and the second slide does make it nice on the inside, but we also like sitting outside under the awning and the kitchen slide just seems to take away from that. Oh well, RV show this weekend . . . we'll keep looking around to see if something else catches our fancy, but we do like our 19 . . . . just wish there was also a couch in it
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:06 AM   #8
ImTravis

We have the 30RIPR and love the dual slide. We've not had an issue with the slides so far. The awning space is still good for us, as it stretches quite far. We had four of us under the awning while watching a football game on the outside tv...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
Flabbytax

Hello all, just an update on my 2013 Premier 32BHPR, we switched all lights over to LED. We had an electrical issue where one of the bathroom lights wouldn't take the new LED bulb and blew the fuse so we have one light in there that is just turned off until we figure it out. Other than the door trim insulation issues (there was NO INSULATION around any of the exterior doors on our unit I would check yours to make sure you aren't in the same boat) we have been just peachy. We also had a lot of condensation build up in our top bunk so we installed a vent up there and no more issues with that! We added the vent cover and we are airing out nicely. We are living full-time in this unit as of July 2014 and love it.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
mom2budnbug

Congratulations! This is one floor plan I would really love to see in person. I used to think I would love having the island, but we really enjoy having the floor space, especially when camping in the rain with a lab and a teenager! Would like to see what the difference is. Enjoy your new trailer and to the forum

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
michael_h

We're still looking and to tell you the truth, we found a competitor camper that had a couch and 4 chair table with a rear bathroom that had a monster 5 foot shower was was huge in the lounge area without the center island . . . we're starting to lean back that way again. But this one's 500 pounds more than we want to tow

One thing I wish Keystone would consider is offer models with just a small refrigerator accessible outdoors instead of a full outdoor kitchen
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #12
ImTravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_h View Post
We're still looking and to tell you the truth, we found a competitor camper that had a couch and 4 chair table with a rear bathroom that had a monster 5 foot shower was was huge in the lounge area without the center island . . . we're starting to lean back that way again. But this one's 500 pounds more than we want to tow

One thing I wish Keystone would consider is offer models with just a small refrigerator accessible outdoors instead of a full outdoor kitchen
Our Premier only has a small refrigerator accessible on the outside next to the tv that's mounted right next to it. Instead of a full kitchen ours has a slide out counter, mini fridge (AC only), 32 LCD TV, and a passthru cabinet to the living area. RVQ mount on the back bumper near the outside entertainment with RVQ.

Works for me (it's the beer fridge when out camping).
Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #13
michael_h

that's a nice camper Travis and a great feature. The wife and I really like our Premier, but we're not certain about the second slide on the door side of the newer light weight campers just yet with all the twisting I believe they do. Also we love sitting under our awning and the slide takes away about 2 feet of it, and last we also wonder why Keystone doesn't offer at least an outdoor TV hookup option on the Premier models!

Other factors I've been trying to pay close attention to is all the items that add extra weight to our travels. Presently with the 19, between supplies, 2 adults, full propane tanks, the battery, odds and ends & a full fuel tank in the truck it's an estimate 5500 pounds we're towing which is about 1000 pound more than 1/2 the tow rating of my ecoford. Looking at this new 26 footer, I've estimated a total pull weight of 6800 pounds which 1300lbs more than what I'm presently towing and 600 pounds more than 2/3's of my trucks rated tow capacity.

As you can tell the two things I worry about is over stressing my truck, and MPG towing . . . I know, maybe I worry too much
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI