Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Lost

Pre Trip Checkout

Last Oct we received our new trailer and it has been at the side of our house since. It was delivered by the dealer so I haven't even towed it yet and I had a second A/C added to the bedroom. Yesterday I wanted to make sure it sat on the truck correctly and to mesure the total height with it hooked up to the truck. To my suprize it hooked up perfect with about 7" clearance from the bed rails to the trailer and the weight didn't drop the truck down a inch. My last trailer which was much smaller 1999 26' Aljo and much heaver. Once hooked up I mesured the height and it came in at 12'10".
I'm happy with the hook up and height. The only sad thing about this is the whole time I was doing this it was snowing
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
TAZ23

Glad to hear its set up good, but hey 6 months with a new toy and not be able to play with it? Thats got to be agony. I can understand your frustration with the weather. We have got the same over here in Northern Wisconsin. Our yard is still full of snow and tommorow night we are supposed to get another 3 inches or so. Our lakes are still iced over and the walleye season opens up in two weeks. Its been a long time since spring has been so late.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
Bob Landry

Must be global warming.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #4
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Must be global warming.
Funny ... Thats exatly what I was thinking
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
michael

I was just up north on friday the 19th it was sunny then we had snow then sun then sleet then sun. We have a place just south of Wisconsin rapids in an area called Rome Wi, the lake was iced over except along a few feet at the shore line. I keep thinking the next time i get up there the ice will be gone and i wont need that winter coat.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
TAZ23

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I was just up north on friday the 19th it was sunny then we had snow then sun then sleet then sun. We have a place just south of Wisconsin rapids in an area called Rome Wi, the lake was iced over except along a few feet at the shore line. I keep thinking the next time i get up there the ice will be gone and i wont need that winter coat.
The next time your going is in June ? LOL They are still ice fishing up here and there was one crazy guy that had his pick up truck out on the Spead Eagle chain of lakes yesterday.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
TAZ23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Must be global warming.
Is that what it is ? Then we need more of it up here or I will be looking out my window at Polar Bears and Penguins. Think I will go out and fire up my Detriot built Global Warmer.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 AM   #8
Lost

Looking better

We took a trip up north last weekend to our camp ground to make sure our new trailer would fit in our campsite without the top hitting the trees. We found everything to be fine. The really good news is that 99% of the snow was gone and the Ice was off the lake Camping season here we come!!