Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
summerfun2012

Air Mattress Beds

So I've searched and searched and now I feel like maybe I'm the only one that can't figure it out...
How do you set up the queen air bed in the main living part of the 2012 300Mp? I have the air bed but I cannot figure out how to properly set anything up to support the air mattress. I'm thinking it must be easy and somehow I'm missing it?

PS. It's ok to laugh at me but please help!
summerfun2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

On ours, we just remove the two back cushions, set them on the arms of the sofa and unfold the seat cushion to reveal the air mattress. Inflate it and good to go. We've learned, with use, that sheets and a blanket will stay on the mattress if you carefully deflate it using the pump. Hold the sheets/blanket to the mattress as you fold it back into sofa configuration. Pillows we put on the floor behind the sofa as we use the space underneath for tool/broom/vaccuum storage. My dilemma has been how to power a 110V pump when dry camping. It uses just slightly too much power for a cigarette lighter plugin inverter, and it's a pain to bring out the 600 watt battery connection type inverter. We've just about convinced ourselves that when this matterss wears out, we're going to try to find a 12V model, but with our limited use, the trailer will probably be replaced before the matterss....

There, I'm sure I've now jinxed myself and the mattress will be full of holes when we next use it <sigh>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
summerfun2012

Thanks JRTJH,

Unfortunately, the couch does not "fold out" in any way. I'm sure there is an easy solution but I cannot figure out what would support the air mattress.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
jsmith948

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerfun2012 View Post
So I've searched and searched and now I feel like maybe I'm the only one that can't figure it out...
How do you set up the queen air bed in the main living part of the 2012 300Mp? I have the air bed but I cannot figure out how to properly set anything up to support the air mattress. I'm thinking it must be easy and somehow I'm missing it?

PS. It's ok to laugh at me but please help!
Do you have a Jack knife style sofa? If it is, simply place your hand between the sofa and the exterior wall, then lift up and toward you and the bottom cushions should pivot or hinge at the front.
When the sofa is extended the bottom cushions will be upside down
Don't know if that helps?
Did the dealer/seller demonstrate the operation to you when you picked up your trailer?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
summerfun2012

No - they didn't show us. My husband is deployed overseas for about another month so they delivered it and set it up in my driveway while I wasn't home.
It's not a jackknife style couch.
Mabye I will just have them come back and show me.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
f6bits

Take some pictures. You’ll get more quick responses if we can see what your setup looks like.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
SAD
Permanent User Ban

We have a similar issue... Wife and I declined the full PDI and the dealer did a "spot delivery" for us - basically they do the safety checks and beyond that, whatever they can get done, they get done... I was OK with this.

We decided one day to try and work the sofa/airbed... Uh... we failed miserably... We couldn't figure out how it flipped over and the frame setup.

So far we only anticipate using it if (adult) daughter comes with us - not frequently... So maybe this is just our excuse for not having company stay inside the camper?? LOL
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
mpd2001

I also bought a used 300mp if anyone has a picture of the air mattress set up maybe I would be able to figure mine out. Thanks
mpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #9

Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300mp130.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1244  
37240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
mpd2001

thanks that helps
mpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
azlee56

I wish ours had an air mattress (2008 montana). It is a tip back double bed I guess. No air mattress. You have to be a short person to sleep on it.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
HappyCamper03

I contacted Keystone, the air mattress does not fit they told me the manufacturing is working on a prototype. Problem is the elevated part of the airmattress should run lengthwise (hotdog style) not hamburger style. Contact keystone as the mattress literally runs up the center island.
HappyCamper03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Donegal Bill

Anyone have a 395LEV and try to use the large couch airmatress??

I tried to figure this one out...There is NO WAY to use the provided airmatress with the large couch. I have had the dealer try and then we got Keystone involved...They Keystone) apologized and said that they have no resolve for the situation, and will discontinue advertising it with a large airmatress. I guess we got hosed on that one..I am waiting for Keystone to come back with some type of upgrade..Or solution. I will update this when I find out what they will do.
2012 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Crew
Donegal Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
Ace

Air bed not the same

Our new 300 mp has an air bed. It states it is queen size. But when we tried it the bed was just full size. No supports to but the bed up either. It was just a flat mattress. Have no clue how to put it up. There is no support for the thing. Called the dealer. They want pictures of where it should go, size it should be etc. having a hard time figuring the one out. Can anyone else shed some light on this?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
Ace

Mine is just a plain mattress with no support to hold it in the position that you show
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
T11ravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Our new 300 mp has an air bed. It states it is queen size. But when we tried it the bed was just full size. No supports to but the bed up either. It was just a flat mattress. Have no clue how to put it up. There is no support for the thing. Called the dealer. They want pictures of where it should go, size it should be etc. having a hard time figuring the one out. Can anyone else shed some light on this?
Same here, we were given a flat mattress with ours.
I think someone on here posted that the old mattresses (that were made to fit) were recalled or something so now they just give you the flat one. We've learned to prop it up with the 2 couch cushions plus A LOT of other pillows.
It kinda works but isn't great.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #17
Rabbit Sheriff

They sent a flat air bed with ours, wrong! I've seen others who had same problem. Probably should have mattress that comes off couch and drops to floor. Dealer ordered correct one for us.
Rabbit Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote