Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Rocky mnt camper

Down sizing

Currently we have a 5er that we don't use enough to justify. We also want to get further back in the woods. We are looking at a small passport 235exp. DW is all for it minus the crappy mattress. So here is my questions, who has one? Any down side to it? Does the a/c have any type of thermostat - we leave the small dog sometimes. When I went and looked at it (new from dealer) I noticed the diamond plate on the front has some dents looks like a lite jack knife. No one informed me that it was damaged and if I take delivery I want it replaced. Too much to ask?
Rocky mnt camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
KanTC

Welcome Rocky mnt camper (& Mrs camper),

We don't have a Passport so I can't offer first-hand advice on the trailer, but in reference to damage on diamond plate -- it's a brand new trailer, and I would
want any damage fixed/replaced also! Any repairs made by the dealer should be documented (in your dealer/sales file) & recorded with the manufacturer too.

Photos #7 & #12 in this ad, show a thermostat (on the wall behind the booth, just left of the refrig)
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013...5EXP-107486584

Hope this helps.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Scottinvt

Hello, we had a beautiful keystone cougar 293sab fifth wheel and decided the same thing to downsize to get a smaller tow vehicle too. Our 235exp was a nightmare with the ends were not properly installed at the factory and our local dealer could not replace them properly after. 3 attempts. Please take time to really go through it before you sign. Check for wear spots where the cables attach to the frames as that is where ours literally wore holes through it. The dealer took it back and traded even for a passport 250bh and we love it. !! Just my 2 cents I hope your experience is much better.
Scott
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
Rocky mnt camper

Exclamation

Thanks you guys. Scott I have read your issues and hope it is a rare problem you had. I will look at the cables very close. Did the mount wear or what the "door jamb"? I see the thermostat next to the couch and I think that is for the heat only?
when the unit was being used how was it how did it tow? I don't see any reviews on the unit. Has me wondering
Rocky mnt camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Scottinvt

The years in the canvas was at the round part that holds the cables. Ours the a/c was controlled in the ceiling on the unit . Good luck

Oh yes towed fine but I would recommend a sway bar.
Scottinvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
235exp, passport express, pdi