Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Mosnowman

Bullet or Coleman ?

Obviously being on a Keystone site I am sure most will recommend the Bullet over the Coleman Ultralight. I am new and am overwhelmed at the many manufacturers. My wife and I will only be rving occasionally. I am looking at the Bullet 246rbs and the Coleman Ultralight Ctu240 rb....It looks to me line the Bullet is better built?

I am looking for entry level low cost rv and am wanting to get a decently made rv and am curious if anyone here has looked at these two models or compared them? I would really appreciate honest comments negative or positive. Thanks for any help!
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
heatkits

What's the differnce arn't they both made by the same company? Pick the floorplan that best suits your needs.

However, I'd pick the Bullet, I like the layout better.
heatkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
wgb1

Hi again Mosnowman, I think I posted to your Q over in RVforum.net. I didn't know you were looking at those particular two models. Its funny because my wife and I almost made the deal on the Coleman model you are referring to, but we finally purchased the Bullet model you are referring to. Are you actually me, because I had the same question. Anyway, we finally decided on the Bullet 246RBS and I am so glad we did. Although I can't really speak for the Coleman, we really love the Bullet. The floor plan is exactly what we were looking for. The quality seems OK in the Bullet. I felt the quality of the Coleman was not quite as good, but then again, as I wrote over there, I believe RV manufactures have a good bit of work to do to get the quality some of us really look for. They have to make them as lightweight as possible and by doing so, I believe sacrifice a little quality. At any rate, my vote is definately for the Bullet especially since that is the one we purchased. So far, we love it! If you have more questions about it, send me a PM. We have done several campouts in ours and have it mostly figured out now.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
The Sod Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatkits View Post
What's the differnce arn't they both made by the same company? Pick the floorplan that best suits your needs.

However, I'd pick the Bullet, I like the layout better.
I believe the Coleman is made by Dutchmen, not Keystone.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
heatkits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
I believe the Coleman is made by Dutchmen, not Keystone.
Yes, but keep going... who owns them both?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

My guess would be Thor Industries but Mosnowman is probably more interested in getting some feedback about the Coleman vs the Bullet.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
heatkits

Right you are, but when the same company owns both, using the same components, same labor force, made in the same part of the country, the attention to detail (next to none for each) competing for the same market shares. What makes the difference? The floor plans and the graphics. I can't see where you could go wrong choosing one over the other.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
The Sod Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatkits View Post
Right you are, but when the same company owns both, using the same components, same labor force, made in the same part of the country, the attention to detail (next to none for each) competing for the same market shares. What makes the difference? The floor plans and the graphics. I can't see where you could go wrong choosing one over the other.
AND the features. While Thor owns both (that was news to me), each brand has its own unique feature set. Kinda like GM owns Cadillac, Chevy and Buick. I would suggest you take a closer look between the two and compare features and floorplans VERY closely. When I was shopping, I found that the Bullet was being marketed as a more upscale brand. The Cadillac, if you will. That was one of the reasons why I went with a dealer that is over an hour from my house vs. a Passport dealer that is 5 minutes from my house. Floorplan and features.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
BadmanRick

Bullet VS Coleman.

I chose the Keystone Premier by Bullet this has the best layouts and the best quality over the Standard Bullet and Coleman and even the Edge. All are made by THOR industries but some are better quality than others.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
The Sod Father

Wow, this thread came back from the dead! I was campering last weekend with another Bullet owner and we were both marveling at two very distinct features of the Bullet and Bullet Premier - 1) the LED landing lights on the front cap and 2) the extra deep, single bowl sink in the galley. The former being a huge help during hitching and unhitching in the dark, the latter making post dinner clean up much easier.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
wgb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
Wow, this thread came back from the dead! I was campering last weekend with another Bullet owner and we were both marveling at two very distinct features of the Bullet and Bullet Premier - 1) the LED landing lights on the front cap and 2) the extra deep, single bowl sink in the galley. The former being a huge help during hitching and unhitching in the dark, the latter making post dinner clean up much easier.
Which one had the LED lights and large sink. I have the Bullet (not the Premier) and I have both of those features.

Edit, I suppose your saying both have them and maybe the Coleman does not. DOH!

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #12
The Sod Father

Buzzactly.