Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
B-O-B'03

Heavy sigh of relief

We had a 30th birthday party for our daughter a few weeks ago and used the trailer for folks that did not need to be driving home afterward.

A few days later I went into the trailer, to bring in the slide and and get the bedding to wash and noticed someone had flipped on both the AC and gas switches for the water heater, which was empty

The gas bottles were closed, but I figured I would be buying a new electric element, before the next camping trip.

We had out-of-town company this weekend and I set the trailer up for them and hooked up the water supply, figured I would fill the water heater up and check it out... low and behold... it worked on electric

I have no idea why the element did not burn up, but I am pretty happy that it did not.

-Brian
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 AM   #2
denverpilot

I haven't finished the job, but you're describing exactly why I started going bonkers with the label maker in ours. Have a little checklist for important things inside the door over all the switch panel, and various unlabeled switches got labeled along with warnings.

It's utterly stupid the manufacturers can't make similar labels for the switch panel switches.

Interestingly we have one of the water heaters where the only switch indoors is gas. The electric is on the unit itself, outside, which makes it easy to not turn on accidentally, but also easy to forget. There will be a reminder/warning label added next to the gas switch inside to go check the outside switch setting.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
CaptnJohn

The Atwood WH on my 2016 5er has a switch outside to choose gas or electric. In the control panel is a switch to actually turn the electric on. No label but makes you think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpilot View Post
I haven't finished the job, but you're describing exactly why I started going bonkers with the label maker in ours. Have a little checklist for important things inside the door over all the switch panel, and various unlabeled switches got labeled along with warnings.

It's utterly stupid the manufacturers can't make similar labels for the switch panel switches.

Interestingly we have one of the water heaters where the only switch indoors is gas. The electric is on the unit itself, outside, which makes it easy to not turn on accidentally, but also easy to forget. There will be a reminder/warning label added next to the gas switch inside to go check the outside switch setting.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote