Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2016, 07:24 AM   #21
{tpc}

When you dropped the underbelly, could you "see" the black tank and where the blank tank flusher was located? Did you have to bend the coroplast to get in there and work or was there room?

I don't have a specific issue with my black tank flush, but I do with the level sensors. I know things like a bit of tp can get caught up on them and give incorrect readings, but those readings are typically "full" where mine always shows empty. I've always wanted to get under there and see if I could locate the wiring for this to see if a wire was broken or shorted to something. It did work properly the first couple times out, since then we just "know" when its about full.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #22
1l243

As soon as I dropped the Coroplast in the rear I could see the kinked tubing for the black tank rinse. The black tank is right there just above the Coroplast.

To access the area where I needed to get to the kinked pipe (right side facing rear of trailer) I had to lower the BBQ gas line that runs along the bottom of the frame and drop several screws for the underbelly on the right side to get enough room to get in there. It was still pretty tight.

I think you can get in there it's just a matter of how much of the underbelly you need to drop to access it..
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #23
Charby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
As soon as I dropped the Coroplast in the rear I could see the kinked tubing for the black tank rinse. The black tank is right there just above the Coroplast.

To access the area where I needed to get to the kinked pipe (right side facing rear of trailer) I had to lower the BBQ gas line that runs along the bottom of the frame and drop several screws for the underbelly on the right side to get enough room to get in there. It was still pretty tight.

I think you can get in there it's just a matter of how much of the underbelly you need to drop to access it..
Thanks for the tips, and will keep in mind for the spring, as its too cold for my under belly
Old 01-29-2016, 05:15 AM   #24
{tpc}

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I will be able to look into it. Maybe I'll just take some time off and play around when the weather is better.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #25
mazboy123

sensors always stop working, don't rely on them.

i have really never worried about cleaning the tank other then having it fill up and then dumping.

we are full timers so it takes about 2 weeks to fill the black water tank, then i just dump and run some water through it, never had a problem.

personally, i think 'cleaning' your black water tank is a waste of time if you use the toilet frequently.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote