Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2015, 05:13 AM   #1
bill-e

Where is the black flush check valve on a 26RBI?

Hi folks,

Went to give the TT the last flush of the season and the flush wouldn't work. I assume a bad check valve. Where is it located?

During a brief survey I found something under the sink in the bathroom. Two hoses rising up from the floor connected at the top by a rectangular box. I didn't have a flashlight available. ....is that it?

Thanks

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That is the check valve.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:02 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
Hi folks,

Went to give the TT the last flush of the season and the flush wouldn't work. I assume a bad check valve. Where is it located?

During a brief survey I found something under the sink in the bathroom. Two hoses rising up from the floor connected at the top by a rectangular box. I didn't have a flashlight available. ....is that it?

Thanks
As Chuckster said, yes, that is the anti-siphon valve. Some questions: Has it ever worked?

If you have never used the system, the valve may be installed backwards or it could be broken.

If the valve has been working and now is not flowing water and if you have stored the trailer with an empty black tank, there may be some solid material dried on the spray nozzle. If that's the case, changing the valve won't help. Try filling the black tank with water by flushing the toilet until the tank is full, let it sit for a day or two, then dump and try the black flush system. If a clump of toilet tissue got hung on the spray nozzle, dried there during storage, it will almost be like a "chunk of concrete" and you won't be able to develop enough water pressure to "break through the mess". By soaking it over night in a "full tank" you may loosen the dried solids and then be able to wash them away.

Good Luck and let us know what you find.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
bill-e

Thanks, can see it easily now with a flashlight that it is indeed the valve. It has worked and they tank just did have a full tank of water in anticipation of the last dump. I'll disconnect it and see if the valve works.

Right now the priority is winterizing so I need to get the water out of the line....if it is clogged at the tank it will have to wait till spring because all dump sites are closed now.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
Old 10-16-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
bill-e

I removed the valve and blew out the input side so that line is now ready for winter.

As for the valve itself, if I blow into the input side of the valve it doesn't take much pressure to cause the plunger to raise enough to block the flow. Is it possible that the water pressure was too high and therefore blocked the flow? It seems that very little pressure will block the input...counter intuitive to what I would think was needed at the spray nozzle.

Thoughts?

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
bill-e

I called the mfg of the valve, B&B and they are sending me a new one. It is a poor design where the ball gets stuck in the body. seemed to be a common problem.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI