Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #41
larrylt2

Fender Skirts coming off while traveling

This is good to know. I will keep my eyes for any cracking on the tighter pop rivets.
larrylt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #42
larrylt2

Entertainment Center

One of our quality issues with our 251RBS Bullet is the construction of the entertainment center. The TV is mounted on a small (but large enough) articulating arm mount. There is a grommeted hole leading up to the electric outlet in the cabinet above the TV. However, there are no grommeted holes in the shelves in the cabinet above or below the TV. I have added a satellite radio and needed to run the electric connection to the cabinet above the TV and the antenna connection to the top cabinet. I had to drill holes in the shelves in order to do this. Any entertainment center has holes already in each shelf or in the back of each shelf to allow owners to install other electronics in the center. Camper manufacturers should order entertainment centers with access holes already included in the construction.
larrylt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #43
B-O-B'03

I just picked up our 2014 Premier 22RBPR, from a dealer that was 5 + hours away, last Friday. So far the only issue I have noticed is a support for one of the shelves under the kitchen sink has come loose in one corner.

None of the local dealers had any 2014s left and they wanted ~$6K more for the 2015s they had in stock.

This thing is a far cry from the 1995 Starcraft popup that we had for 10+ years, in quality and features... Look Ma a real bathroom, with a toilet and shower. pressurized hot water to boot.

It had all the features we were looking for and since it is jut the 2 of now... it is the prefect size.

I was surprised the ceiling lighting already had LED pucks in the fixtures and plan on replacing all the bulbs with LEDs as well. We did a lot of dry camping in the popup, but I think it will be a lot less rustic in this beauty.

I am pulling together a list of mods I need/want to do and look forward to leaning on the collective here.

Thanks,

-Brian
B-O-B'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #44
jeffrobh

Cool roof access

Ordered a premier 26rb and was wondering about roof access since no ladder is attached. Called keystone and they said your not even suppose to walk on the roof Without additional support. What sheeting does it have.
jeffrobh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #45
RFM

Going on roof of our Premier

Hi, I found how to go on the roof without ladder, but I am light weight 162 lb.
I would not suggest to big boys.

However, here is how I do it,
I put my first feet on the grabe bar, the second feet on the top of the bar, then my nee on the kitchen extention, then feet on the roof.

When walking on roof, go slowly and walk on the studs, you can feel it on the roof when your not on the stud, it tends to be a bit week.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	8140
RFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #46
Dooley64

We have 2014 Bullet Premier. Replaced end cap -cracked. The drawers and door in trailer didn't close right. The ceiling straps coming loose. Trim in bedroom above the bed is warped. Also fixed sewer pipe strap under trailer never connected. Had the underbelly resealed, they missed a lot of spots.
Must of been made on Monday. I love the trailer, just a lot of little things
needed fixed. Plus you think if you spent $30,000 + you would get more than a
1 year warranty. If I spent that on a car, I would have a 5 year warranty.
Dooley64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #47
B-O-B'03

I also posted this in a furnace issue thread, because I started with my furnace not working and as I dug deeper, I found out why.

We are leaving, for our inaugural trip, next Saturday 4/18/2015 and I have been poking around in the camper for the last week or so, checking things out and getting it ready.

A cold front blew through, last night and I decided to check out the furnace, since it was cool out, turned it on, the fan came on, a few seconds later I heard the burner light and then it went off a few seconds after that. It did that 2 more times and quit.

I ran the hot tap, in the kitchen sink to get the water heater to cycle, just to make sure I had gas and after the water heater fired up I went out side to look around.

I noticed water coming out from the floor at the edge of the coach, right under the furnace so went back inside and took the panel off.

The sink drain pipe runs above the furnace and ties into a vent pipe (I think) and then ties to the pipe from the lav in the bath and goes through the floor.

I could see the outside outlet opening would give me a view of the pipe, so I removed the outlet and found the bozo that cut the hole for the outlet cut the drain pipe too

I suppose this is the Keystone "quality" I keep hearing about

Now I need to decide how to fix this, so we can at least use the sink on our trip and just hope the furnace will start working again, after it dries out.

-Brian