Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
socalhd

Decisions 14 or 15 Fuzion 342

We have been shopping for awhile and keep coming back to the 342 with Monster Package as the 1 we really like. For reasons of Registration fees we are waiting until January to actually make the purchase. The one we looked at is a 14 and due to theft of Electronics from the Coach, the Dealer has repairs to do. We negotiated a price and we actually put money Down to Hold until January.
Now we are seeing 15s advertised very close to the price we negotiated. I spoke to another Dealer today. He said there are some subtle changes on the 15 models 1 item is the way the Garage Patio is set up. He said the Patio rails are separate from the door. Another being G rated tires instead of E.
Anyone able to confirm those changes?
Although still new the 14 will be a year old in January
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
maxx1015

I would go with the 14 its going to be hard to find a 15 342 since they did not make it anymore and if u do its the same as 14 mid year they change to new patio tires and paint so it will be hard to find a 342 with that stuff on it but good luck
maxx1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
rnkburg

I would make sure that I got the. G rated tires in the deal. Do it now before it's an issue on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
dpcrf450

I would ditto the G rated tires. The dual axle trailers are pushing the standard E rated tires, combined with bad roads could be trouble. I have a 342 and quickly switched to G rated tires after I surveyed the inside of my tires only to find major issues. I have an old post on this.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
socalhd

Well we payed an unannounced visit to the dealer yesterday to check the status of the theft repairs. I found the rig in the back 40 of their lot. I could not get inside but I did notice it no longer has the Mor-ryde which I swear was on there when I checked the dates on the tires. I can't fathom they would remove it but it was something I checked before working any type deal. The rig was filthy and it did not appear they were done with repairs.
They had a 15 Fuzion 371 on display and we fell in Love with it. Now what? Our sales person is out until the 2nd week in January. The sales guy showed us the difference in price and payment. But they are almost 20k higher than a dealer a few hours north of us
Old 12-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
rnkburg

Make your deal on trade and then take the quote from other dealer to them and see if they come down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
socalhd

I have no trade. will be giving them 20 percent down. I already gave them 5k to hold this rig until January. But did not want to complete the deal for a few reasons. 1 being we wanted to wait until January to complete the purchase for vehicle registration purposes. The other more important reason was this rig had a bunch of damage from a theft of electronics from the unit, locks damaged, wiring pulled out from the walls etc. We have not completed any transaction nor taken delivery. Or signed any Complete loan agreements. So it is still theirs until we do.
I spoke to the sales manager yesterday and he pulled our paperwork. He wrote up a quick quote on the 371 but said the best he could do is 80k. We did some research and found the 371 at Best RV for 64k.
We are at 56k for the 14 342. But willing to pay more for the 2015, 371.
Lots of numbers here hope it makes since
Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #8
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Good Old Best RV. Crooks and liars at the best. Since you are so far away you will only be purchasing for the price and no after sale service. Which will be in your best interest. If you do purchase from them make sure you get everything and I mean everything the trailer is supposed to come with, the one and only time you are there. Full of promises to get you to buy, full of excuses after the purchase on why they cannot deliver on their promises.

I bought from them based on price only and had no expectations or desire to go back to them for after sale service. Their reputation is well known and documented in the internet.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
notanlines

SoCal, be realistic. If 16k is actually what you will save, how much better can your service be at the high dollar dealership? 16k worth? Most dealer's service is fair at best.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
norcalguy

Thumbs down Best RV

Hey socal I am so pissed at Best RV I wouldn't let them air my bicycle tire! they wouldn't get it right. I have a buddy at Camping World in Roseville Ca that would probably match the price his name is Brandon Bass if you need his info just IM me he didn't have the trailer we needed at the time but wish we had waited and bought from him. His # is cell 916-410-4360 CW 916-772-1155. Give him a call and tell him you are serious buyer. You will be much happier even if its a couple $ more.
norcalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
dunerider

bought 2014 fuzion toy hauler from Best RV, got good price. if they install hitch or any added items to trailer be very clear with them concerning price or amount of hours for install. I would buy from them again because of prices but I would not give them the opportunity to over charge hourly labor. When doing walk through of trailer take your time and make sure they complete any repairs before you take delivery. I live in Oregon and had no problems finding a Keystone dealer near my home for warranty work.
dunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:48 AM   #12
RETSEK

I had to decide between a 14 on the lot or ordering a 15. I had heard that sometime during production year 14, the DOT made them narrow the campers by a few inches. I don't know if that is true or just a salesmans pitch, but you might want to check that if it matters to you. I chose the 14 because I wanted the extra width....and didn't want to wait.

Dan & Lora
Marshalltown Iowa
RETSEK is offline   Reply With Quote