Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
tommybill

Unhappy Passport Elite 23RB Rain Water Leaks

Howdy, we bought our 23RB new in Jan 2013. At start of this summer we opened it up and found a musty smell under the bed area. When checking, found mold and wetness in the storage area and in the area beside the bed where the water pump is, where the water inlets(city & fresh)are, and 30amp cord is.
We cleaned up the water/mold and started looking. Found issues with the water inlets to the camper and fixed those. We know we have a leak at bottom of outside storage door but that is minor. Every time we think we have leaks fixed, it rains and it is wet again. About ready to take back to dealer for help but wanted to see if anyone on the forum has seen this or have any suggestions. We are starting to think that somehow rain water is coming down inside the outside wall but cannot see any caulking issues.

Thanks,

2020 Rockwood Ultralite 2650 5th Wheel
2010 Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel
tommybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
slow

I suggest you check the window next to the water and electrical inlet. I had to seat my kitchen window by tightening the screws in the flange.

How did you solve the baggage door leaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
tommybill

Leak appears to be fixed

Thanks for the suggestion. The screws were all tight on our window. It does appear that the leaks are fixed(hoping they are fixed!!) as it rained 1 1/4" today. Evidently the caulking I did on top was the cause. Does not take much of a hole for it to go down thru the walls. On the storage doors, I put a new rubber seal (bought in automotive store) on and then put 4" sections of same seal at the top two curves of each storage door. Basically put it at 90 degrees and on the frame as the main seal is. My storage doors are not centered up and down with them being to the down side, hence the door seals barely contact the doors on the upper 2 corners.

2020 Rockwood Ultralite 2650 5th Wheel
2010 Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel
tommybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
slow

Passport Elite 23RB Rain Water Leaks

I have the same issues with my storage doors. My fix was to apply a bead of silicone at the top of the "hinge" extrusion and bottom of the top frame section. They are riveted together and allow water to seep past the rubber seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote