Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #21
TJTx

I have them for my Alpine 3401RS and they are great. I bought them after I lost plastic pads that blew out from the bed of my truck. The large hush pads are heavy and will not blow out.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #22
Midsouth

Another upvote for snap pads. We got them after viewing a youtube video by a full time rver. One of the 1st purchases we made when we started fulltiming in May this year-was snap pads. They are great-create a extremely firm foundation and also appear to protect the metal jacks from the elements. We stayed in a park that only had dirt sites and these pads truly created a firm foundation-also appeared to protect the metal from the elements-as it was raining the whole time and protected the metal part of the jack from excess water, mud etc. Highly recommend and price is good. Bought from company's website https://rvsnappad.com/ shipping was free.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
MattHelm21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
I have had snap pads for two years and love them. I also have 10 of the utility blocks BobMcC mentions and also love them. They are necessary in my driveway which has a 5 degree drop at the front. The utility block can serve dual purpose, supporting the jack pad and in combination raising the jack pad. The snap pad can only provide support but its advantage is it is always attached so if your site is reasonably level, you don’t have to walk around and drop utility blocks.

The snap pads work well in conjunction though I do wish the utility blocks were just a bit wider.

John, knock on wood but I have not had the popping which others have required the stiction elimination oil for. I can’t say if the snap pads have had any effect. They are very hard highly compressed recycled rubber. They could provide some shock absorbion(relief) if this pop is looking for a path of least resistance so I’m also interested in hearing other’s experience in case the problem developes.
So updating my own post. I decided I was no longer comfortable with the stability of the utility blocks stacked to the height I required when storing my trailer for long periods like winter. I ordered stacks of camco 4X2 stackable blocs but stacked them in an alternating/interlocking square creating 4X4 blocks. Here are pictures before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4E33C847-3A2A-4FCC-A48E-B8BFA450D574.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	19093   Click image for larger version

Name:	E9672C4F-A03A-4E2F-B520-A231B7B2B9E4.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	608.3 KB
ID:	19094   Click image for larger version

Name:	D59D02A8-B4F2-4C8A-B55B-998609F723F3.jpg
Views:	149