Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
GmaPaTime

My PDI Experience

First I must say that anyone buying new or used must have a PDI list with them, otherwise your bound to either forget or not even think about asking certain questions.

We did ours over the coarse of two days.

First day was a walkthrough and notation of issues found and review with dealer for correction by next day. Second day was verification of resolved issues and tech instructions on mechanical components.

Our results were satisfying. We found quite a few minor things that were able to be fixed relatively easy and three major things wrong that were not functional problems but required documented for future warranty repairs. These were localized decals that were not applied right ( new ones ordered ), a dimple in the fiberglass siding which was caused during installation of an interior light ( will be repaired at time of decal replacement ) and a discolored wall panel. The first two will be repaired. The second was discussed and determined by my DW not that big of a deal ( covered by some decorations ), but the dealer agreed to install my two fans free for not requiring replacement.

Overall, we're pleased and looking forward to getting out and camping again.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I like these kind of posts. And it's nice to know your dealership took care of you. Congrats on your new unit!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
WaltBennett

But were you able to check for water leaks both with water in the fresh tank & pump used and with an outside source? That's what dealerships almost always refuse, and I've never quite figured out why.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
GBR

Nice to see that your dealer is working with you in addressing the issues Steve. Having a local RV dealer to deal with our issues will hopefully keep us more on the road and less in their parking lot.

George
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
GmaPaTime

Yes they put water in the tank to half full only to test pump function and also city hookup. So we were able to check black tanks and both grey tanks and thier drains.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
axg1040

Glad to hear it went so well. Been very happy with American Family RV so far.
axg1040 is offline   Reply With Quote