Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
John and Eileen

Hello! New Owners here in Southern California

Hello everybody! We just bought our 2011 Cougar Half Ton 26BRSWE, 32' and absolutely LOVE IT! We wanted a travel trailer that you don't have to walk through the bathroom to get to the master bedroom and this one is it! The outside kitchen is awesome along with everything else! Thanks for everybody's great posts in the forums too as we still have a lot to learn and have learned a LOT from reading the questions and answers posted.
Have a GREAT day!!!!

Husband: John
Wife: Eileen
Dog: Doodles
Our websites:
https://www.imdb.me/johnprudhont
https://www.imdb.me/eileenprudhont
2011 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32'
2005 BMW 325CI Convertible
Looking to buy a GMC, Chevy or Dodge Ram truck very soon!
John and Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

to the forum and thanks for the kind words. We look forward to hearing much more about your camping trips and about your search for the perfect tow vehicle.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
John and Eileen

Tow vehicle

YOUR Tow Vehicle looks awesome, we've noticed that there seems to be a lot more of the F250's as tow vehicle than anything else or is it about equal?

Husband: John
Wife: Eileen
Dog: Doodles
Our websites:
https://www.imdb.me/johnprudhont
https://www.imdb.me/eileenprudhont
2011 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32'
2005 BMW 325CI Convertible
Looking to buy a GMC, Chevy or Dodge Ram truck very soon!
John and Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The picture is my "old" tow vehicle. The new one isn't posted yet, but will be in a couple of days. I'm waiting for the new fifth wheel to be delivered Friday. Once it's hooked up and ready to tow, I'll take a couple of pictures of it and change my sig photo.

There are a lot of Ford superduty tow trucks used by forum members, probably an equal number of Dodge HD trucks and also a number of GMC/Chevrolet HD trucks. I think most people are satisfied with their tow vehicle regardless of brand. Most prefer one specific truck manufacturer and find comfort in knowing it's what they prefer.

I think all three manufacturers of HD trucks make a great product and it's mainly personal preference that decides what goes in front of your new RV. One thing I'd caution you on is the "half ton" designation of your new RV, at 32' in length, it takes a pretty tall "half ton" to tow it. Most would elect a 3/4 ton. Do a search for tow trucks and you'll find some pretty "spirited" conversations about half ton vs HD trucks as well as some valid comments supporting both sides of that controversy. I'm a "recent convert" to HD towing. Our previous rig was a half ton/fifth wheel which performed very well, however we elected to trade up to a larger fifth wheel and thought a beefier truck would meet our needs better.

Again, welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing from you as you continue your search. If you have any questions, feel free to start a thread in the appropriate section to get answers (and opinions) from the membership's experience.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote