Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #81
chuckster57
Site Team

Extended warranties are a coin toss. I have seen some that are decent and others that aren't worth the paper they are written on. Most if not all only cover "component failure" and nothing structural/cosmetic. Even then it can be an uphill battle. I do know a little bit of how it works/doesn't. Hope your either very handy or have a lot of credit/cash to pay the person that does work on it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #82
BSHGTO

must be special

I don`t know what you guys are complaining about. This happens to every unit that goes out. So I think your making stuff up.LOL

BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #83
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
I don`t know what you guys are complaining about. This happens to every unit that goes out. So I think your making stuff up.LOL

Yup, and they sprinkle fairy dust on the roof, have blessed by a Guru, and fill the tires with unicorn farts.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #84
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Yup, and they sprinkle fairy dust on the roof
...and inside all the cabinets, drawers, pantries, and storage spaces, with particular attention to the furnace sail switch.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #85
Northofu1

Quote:

I didn't know SNL was spoofing trailer companies, hilarious!

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #86
flybouy
Site Team

She should get an Oscar for keeping a straight face.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #87
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

No wonder no one from Keystone is on this forum. If they were it would melt those snowflakes instantly. Give me a break. Does that president actually go to the plants and see with his own eyes what is happening or what his money is paying for? And none of those gals looked Amish to me.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #88
sourdough
Site Team

When I first saw the video post I just didn't pay attention to it figuring it was some sort of spoof on Keystone quality. After the comments, and having an hour before we head to the beach , I watched it. Yep, it's gotta be some kind of spoof. I doubt seriously that the "president" has a clue what goes out the door. On the other hand, it's a great idea in concept.....now, if they could only execute!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #89
CaptnJohn

With 5 auto-level systems at one time or another I'm extremely pleased. What I have learned is there is no reason to take a unit to the dealer. Call the help # long before closing. I have only had 1 problem but the tech stayed on the phone with me for 40 minutes until he and I were sure it was fixed. There are some codes not in the manual they will walk you through. Doubt your dealer tech would do that. Make sure your phone has a fully charged battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooms2 View Post
I bought a 2019 Montana High Country and it had a lot of minor issues, nuts missing off the toilet seat, bathroom door top rail not connected ice maker water supply line not connected, etc., but I fixed all those, the issue I can't fix is the auto leveling system. I have followed the instructions on the CD and had it back to the dealer twice. The last time they tried to charge me for "resetting" the system. I ask them to demo the system when I bought it but they said they would need to hook up and then unhook the trailer and it was late on a Saturday so I took it home. The system failed, I took it back and they said it was fixed. I got it home and failed again. Took it back and they kept the unit for over two weeks and told me they have found and fixed the unit. Took it home and it failed again. It's an $80,000 trailer, is anyone else having an issue with the auto level. The minor issues I blame on the dealer, this is the third trailer I have bought from them and everyone had minor issues, Dutchman, Jayco, and now Keystone but this is the first one that apparently they can't fix.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #90
CaptnJohn

After 40 + years of pulling many makes and models. Most of my early units were TTs, only the 1st one used. Going back to the last 8 or so, had a Heartland with so many problems it was traded in 4 months. Next was 3 Forest River products, 1 TT and 2 5ers. Not one kept very long. Lots of items at PDI and many were continuing. Always something new coming, mostly minor but non-stop. Then a Cougar 5er. Had a furnace problem on the 1st trip, called Atwood, not the dealer. Fixed under warranty by mobile tech except for the service call. Next a Montana and it did go back to the dealer as a piece of trim was cut short. I sent them a picture they sent to Keystone and it went in for 2 hours to have that and some loose trim fixed. My current Montana had the switch for cap lights and OD flood switched, the only problem found.
I rarely use the warranty and never buy an extended maybe it's covered, probably not contract. I'm many thousands ahead now. There were a couple upgrades I wanted my mobile tech to do. I had him change the switches as I had not got to it yet. So, almost zero warranty on my last 3 Keystone 5ers.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #91
LHaven

Quote:
Wow. The comments on that video are SCARY.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #92
RVbuying

Front end cap leak

Been in my brand new montana HC since october 15. Previously mentioned the new front window leaking and how exciting it is. Now the front bedroom wall is leaking water also. So, multiple leaks it is. It looks awesome with a tarp on it which isnt working either! Heres some great news, im not going to take the front end off my camper and find out the insulation and walls have been soaked. I am going back to dealership and let them. Keysrone said there isnt any diagrams online of the skeleton to investigate water paths, nor does the dealership get access to this!! Thats fantastic, im going have them dismantle the entire front to find the leak. Those guys must love the ease keystone provides them to fix things. You know my kitchen linoleum raises with furnace on also, somewhere this was mentioned, added to list. Service starts mid december ill post issues as they develop. We're praying the front end falls off and the beams are folded over on themselves and ill get a 3rd camper in 8 months and try again. Or go to homebase and make my living. By the car and rent the cabin, its most cost effective with rising camp site prices. Dont gamble your retirement on RVs unless you got the money to piss away. If youre poor get that cabin and enjoy it
RVbuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #93
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbuying View Post
Been in my brand new montana HC since october 15. Previously mentioned the new front window leaking and how exciting it is. Now the front bedroom wall is leaking water also. So, multiple leaks it is. It looks awesome with a tarp on it which isnt working either! Heres some great news, im not going to take the front end off my camper and find out the insulation and walls have been soaked. I am going back to dealership and let them. Keysrone said there isnt any diagrams online of the skeleton to investigate water paths, nor does the dealership get access to this!! Thats fantastic, im going have them dismantle the entire front to find the leak. Those guys must love the ease keystone provides them to fix things. You know my kitchen linoleum raises with furnace on also, somewhere this was mentioned, added to list. Service starts mid december ill post issues as they develop. We're praying the front end falls off and the beams are folded over on themselves and ill get a 3rd camper in 8 months and try again. Or go to homebase and make my living. By the car and rent the cabin, its most cost effective with rising camp site prices. Dont gamble your retirement on RVs unless you got the money to piss away. If youre poor get that cabin and enjoy it

I'm sorry you're having issues with your new trailer and you're plan to let the dealer deal with it is probably your best course of action and I wish you the best. Please do keep us posted.

As for the comment I highlighted in red I would have to disagree. Having owned mulitple getaway "cabins" (2 at one time - mountain, lake). I can assure you that the expenses associated with those far outweigh anything any RV I've ever owned cost me. Got rid of the lake house and trying to sell the mountain house. Spent 9k year before last just to cut trees to keep insurance (not to mention the thousands and thousands in years past). Nah....I'm loving an RV and thinking if you're poor it might not be a bad deal
Old 11-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #94
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
[/COLOR]

I'm sorry you're having issues with your new trailer and you're plan to let the dealer deal with it is probably your best course of action and I wish you the best. Please do keep us posted.

As for the comment I highlighted in red I would have to disagree. Having owned mulitple getaway "cabins" (2 at one time - mountain, lake). I can assure you that the expenses associated with those far outweigh anything any RV I've ever owned cost me. Got rid of the lake house and trying to sell the mountain house. Spent 9k year before last just to cut trees to keep insurance (not to mention the thousands and thousands in years past). Nah....I'm loving an RV and thinking if you're poor it might not be a bad deal
We owned a timeshare in the Shenandoah mountains of VA. Now there is an investment! You figure this out when you try and sell it....
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #95
foldbak

I guess they missed the pressure test on mine since every window leaked and had to be replaced
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #96
RVbuying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Tough Love ???? Maybe a "Warm Welcome to the REAL WORLD" ??? How about the possibility of, "A couple of minutes on this or any other forum would have shown you what you're getting into with ANY RV.... BEFORE you bought."

Co-incidentally, the OP joined the forum, made the initial post (his only one) at 3:27 on 10/25/19. He then immediately signed off and has not returned.

Would the OP be a concerned RV'er looking for answers and/or assistance?? or possibly a SNIPER looking to "take a cheap, easy shot then "RUN for the hills" ????

I'd suppose the conclusion is up to each person who spends any time on this thread.....
. He’s back! I googled keystone rv warranty and repair or similar and this occupied the first 10 choices on google. If there was an all complaint forum or keystone complaint forum that they read, of course I would post there. But nope, it’s here for potential buyers, who want to read about this brand to see. So they know it’s not a plug and play. It’s possibly a nightmare. Today, I found Sinks are leaking floor is damaged in kitchen island and bathroom. Now I’ve only checked the kitchen island floor 4 times randomly since October purchase when the rig was in my possession so I haven’t looked daily. Just thought a future person should know. Am I gonna rip up the floors and replace along with change the sink? You Guessed right...hell no im going to work and earn money. I’m not a mechanic handy man and won’t be with an rv under warranty. See ya back in 6 weeks with another issue!
RVbuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #97
LHaven

Quote:
If there was an all complaint forum or keystone complaint forum that they read, of course I would post there. But nope, it’s here for potential buyers, who want to read about this brand to see. So they know it’s not a plug and play. It’s possibly a nightmare.

Just curious: if you didn't come to this forum to research before you bought your rig, what makes you think the average buyer will? And if you did, how did you leave with the impression that RVs are plug and play?
Old 01-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #98
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
. He’s back! I googled keystone rv warranty and repair or similar and this occupied the first 10 choices on google. If there was an all complaint forum or keystone complaint forum that they read, of course I would post there. But nope, it’s here for potential buyers, who want to read about this brand to see. So they know it’s not a plug and play. It’s possibly a nightmare. Today, I found Sinks are leaking floor is damaged in kitchen island and bathroom. Now I’ve only checked the kitchen island floor 4 times randomly since October purchase when the rig was in my possession so I haven’t looked daily. Just thought a future person should know. Am I gonna rip up the floors and replace along with change the sink? You Guessed right...hell no im going to work and earn money. I’m not a mechanic handy man and won’t be with an rv under warranty. See ya back in 6 weeks with another issue!
RVbuying,

If your reason for posting here is only to accomplish the last sentence in your post, then you are violating the forum rules. Please review the rules before posting further complaints.

Here's one:
Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #99
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Well! Welcome back.

I am fully aware of all the things that can happen to a new RV. You said you bought yours new in 2015. Now, 4-4 1/2 years later you're complaining about leaking windows, wet floors, etc. etc. and damage from that. First thought from what I can tell is to blame "Keystone" period.

Hopefully you are aware that there are a thousand things you need to do to keep the things you mention from happening....those are owner responsibilities. Leaks? How do they get so bad that you don't know about it as soon as they start? How do window leaks, like roofs, go undetected if you actually inspect all your roof seams, window seams, slide seals, AC seals, furnace seals etc. etc. regularly?

Have I had window leaks, faucet leaks, sink leaks and potential roof leaks? Absolutely. Have they destroyed my trailer? Not at all. Why? I look at the seals, under the sinks, roof Dicor etc. ALL the time. You have to. If not the results are not fun. Some take ownership of the issues, some post negative things because they didn't either do their due diligence or were remiss in taking care of their responsibilities. Maybe you're somewhere in the middle but with the lack of info you've posted I have to go with the latter without further clarification.

Edit: John beat me to it.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #100
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
RVbuying,

If your reason for posting here is only to accomplish the last sentence in your post, then you are violating the forum rules. Please review the rules before posting further complaints.

Here's one:
Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.
Best post this thread to date!
Thanks John!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote