Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
rwrooper

Talking New member

Purchased a Keystone Outback 260FL 31' last July, our first RV, Had the Dish Satellite Trav'ler Auto Dish1000 installed on top, added another HD TV, installed duo dish receiver, got two of the Honda 2000 generators, made my own extended run gas hoses for the generators, Pull this with a 2004 Ford Excursion with a V10 gas that pulls this easy with no problems. Gets 17 miles to the gallon without the trailer, haven't used it enough to get fuel milage pulling the trailer yet. Used once to the coast and twice for hunting season, deer and elk. No Problems. Yesterday I purchased a Hensley Arrow Hitch for $900 from a dealer that took it off a trade in that was less then a year old. Found it on E-bay, called the dealer and he sold it to me for his starting price. Drove over and picked it up, Darn thing is heavy. Will probably hook it up in March when the weather gets better. Had to fix my trailer today as I lost power to the plug ins, found a loose wire in the electrical panel. Tightened the screw holding the wire and the plugs all work now. Couldn't be happier with this unit. Had a bad experience when first used it going to the coast, semi past us, and my wife was ready to jump, bought a friction sway control bar at the first RV place, sure helped. Can't wait to hook up the Hensley Arrow. Also I just remembered I added a Margaritaville BBQ grill to the bumper on the back of the trailer, moved the spare tire and put one of those bolt on 2" hitches on the bumper. Best tailgating grill for trailer camping.
rwrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
KanTC

Welcome to the forum rwrooper, and congratulations on your first RV!

Terri [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome again to our forum.

Happy Camping and visit us often!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330