Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
piccolo

how to winterize 2015 326 rl?

I am attempting to winterizing my 326 rl. I cannot find how to access the rear of the hot water heater? It has no access panels that I can find to get to it. I just purchased it used and have no manuals of rig. Can anyone tell me the best way to winterize it? I have owned rv's for years but the last one we owned was a 2000 model forest river sandpiper that was simple to complete. Any and all help would be welcomed so I don't have to take to dealer to have completed!!!

P.s. Does anyone have an 326 rl.that has accessed the back of the water heater??The HW heater is in the left front corner of trailer beside king size bed slideout in front of trailer...thanks for all the help
piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:44 AM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Don't have your model but a couple of ideas. My trailer has an access panel under the bed in the side of the frame. Others have had to take 2 screws out on the bench next to the bed. They were buried in the carpeting and took some detective work to locate.

Just a couple of thoughts that may help. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
raddad73

My 328 has an access panel in the master closet. 3 screws covered by plastic caps. remove them and raise the panel...
raddad73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not familiar with your floorplan and haven't seen that model on a dealer's lot, but looking at pictures, it looks like the water heater is in the front roadside corner of the trailer. Inside there is a shelving unit at that location. Probably there is a false bottom on that shelving unit or the front face has a removable panel that is held in place with 3 or 4 screws. There is access, it's just a matter of finding out what to remove to get there. My guess would be a false panel as the floor of the bottom shelf in that unit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize