Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
james love

2017 cougar 326RDS Rear Panel

Bought a new 2017 Cougar 326RDS in July 2918 , only had one trip to Florida last year , and someone at a visitor rest stop in Georgia asked me if there was a problem with the rear of my trailer as they were following me and noticed that the full rear panel on my trailer was moving in and out as I was driving and when a tractor trailer was passing me...checked the rear panel myself and yes it does move in and out about a 1/16th of a inch.
So checked with the dealer and they tell me that the rear panel is a hung wall and not a laminated wall , has anyone else got this problem with their trailer?
james love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

All Cougars (actually, this year, I think all Keystone trailers have a floating rear wall) now have a "floating rear wall". That said, whether yours "moves in and out" more than another similar model trailer would be something you'd need to do in a "side by side comparison"....

The way the rear wall is installed is to "hang" I at the top, then install molding around the perimeter, cut holes for any windows/vents/attachments and install those, the tail lights, running lights and shore power cutout/assembly (if it's on the rear wall).

So, essentially, your rear wall is secured "around the perimeter" and at each "thing" that's screwed to the frame through the rear FILON sheet.

I'd suggest taking a walk around the dealer's lot and press on the rear panels of other similar trailers. That way you have something to compare to your own trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

As John stated it's a filon sheet that's secured around the perimeter and by anything attached. When the sun warms up the surface and expands it the filon cannot expand linearly so it "oil cans" and bubbles out. John's advice on checking other units is the only way to tell if your's is excessive.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
james love

Thanks guys, ill check other 326RDS ,s at some dealers near me , some 2018 and 2019
models , with all the other problems we have had with this trailer did not want this to be the final straw that decided the trailers trade in timing , especially now that we have it all repaired , and that we love the spacious interior layout.

2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty
2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS

Tags
cougar