Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2024, 10:27 AM   #61
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
Keystone and the dealers need to step up Quality Control on these expensive campers.
Haven't you heard? You're responsible for their quality control. And it's only your nonfeasance (as an unpaid employee) that keeps them above water financially.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:22 PM   #62
Beachbum2

I feel your pain…the quality control in the Rv industry has gone to crap. From the cheapest to the most expensive…they all have issues and should almost be forced through some of legislation to combat the disregard these companies have towards their customers. I agree that you need to have a good knowledge of a lot of things when you purchase an Rv…but the last few years has been a little out of hand.
Our last unit was a Jayco Pinnacle purchased new and had problems from major water leaks to holding tank brackets failing…our list was 35 items long when we finally sold it through a Jayco dealer
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:24 PM   #63
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasNav View Post
Like you, similar issue, we ordered and purchased ours during the peak of the pandemic. Ours was last '21 off the production line in Aug '21 due to parts delays, while '22s were already rolling out. That period set records for RV production and sales. Unfortunately, with that came near zero quality control, and now keystone along with other manufacturers are reevaluating their failures and supposedly addressing QC on the production line. I'll believe it when I see it! The only outfit that I'm aware of that has true QC on their production line is Brinkley. Too bad I can't afford one of their beauties...
Wife and I needed a place to stay while they were repairing our house after Hurricane Ida. Rushed in to buying too fast when we saw the camper we liked. Had to make a 230 mile round trip from the dealer. Dealers around here had no stock because people were buying them to live in.After almost 2 yrs the bugs are all fixed except for the PITA In Command panel that works when it wants too. Sorta like me!! Congrats on the new tow vehicle and those diesel dualies are the way to roll. Would look great with a Brinkley hooked to it!!
Old 03-03-2024, 10:02 AM   #64
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Haven't you heard? You're responsible for their quality control. And it's only your nonfeasance (as an unpaid employee) that keeps them above water financially.
Can't argue with that statement! Hard to get people to work much less do quality craftsmanship! RV new stock at dealers around here are full. Quality and after sale service is starting to catch up with them!
Old 03-03-2024, 10:35 AM   #65
Raptor Dave

I do have this to say about Keystone.
We (she) didn't like how they had installed the mirror in the garage bath.
It was pushed all the way over to the left in the the corner so the the trim piece they installed from the ceiling to the counter top stopped at the top and bottom of the mirror.
So when I moved the mirror over to the right out of the corner there was a blank space in the corner with no trim. She called Keystone and spoke with customer service rep and asked if we could purchase a 48" piece of trim to fill in the blank. Gave the rep the info needed and approx a week or so later UPS shows up with an 8' long round tube with 2- 96" pieces of matching trim inside.
Never once asked for any payment of any kind.

It's not camping...It's an adventure!
Raptor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 01:35 PM   #66
Beachbum2

Maybe they’re starting to read these forums realizing it’s not always the bottom line that should be the main focus. Makes a guy feel good when things like that happen.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 04:09 PM   #67
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbum2 View Post
Maybe they’re starting to read these forums realizing it’s not always the bottom line that should be the main focus. Makes a guy feel good when things like that happen.
More than likely, the people like Beachbum that get "extraordinarily good service" don't find a reason to "bit*h about it" so we seldom hear the good news....

On the other hand, the 3 or 4 percent of unhappy customers spend hours and hours posting their "very disappointed comments" on every website they can find....

So, the "preponderance of the posts" are negative and the few good ones that are posted are then "interpreted as such limited good news that everything must be bad".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote