Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
cabinfever

newbies with a 2013 Springdale 303BHSSR

My wife and I made our purchase Monday. Won't be picking it up for a couple weeks, the dealer agreed to hold while I squared away a parking place at home. My question is should, or can, I expect an extensive walk through when I pick it up. I want to be sure I know how to properly operate all systems and that they work. I have a list that is very extensive and just not sure if it is too much to expect. Thanks.
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Cabinfever, Congratulation on the new RV and welcome to the forum. As for your quesiton regarding a walk through with the dealer. There is what's called a "pre-delivery inspection" where the dealer goes through and gets everything ready for delivery, then in the second phase, he walks you through, shows you how everything works, answers questions and explains anything you may not understand. During that introduction to the trailer is when you have the opportunity to examine, ask questions, make sure that the RV meets your satisfaction. Anything that needs to be repaired, added or adjusted, etc should be done BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.

There is a predelivery checklist available on this forum to help you with this walkthrough. You can find it in the Keystone Questions section. It's the first item you'll see in that section. The URL is: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

Again, to the forum and we're glad you decided to join our group.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
antiqfreq

A thorough walk thru is a must and you insist on it.

Make sure you know how to use everything and make sure they note every problem you find (should you find any).

Good luck and happy camping.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
tomsws6

Congrats! I just went through this with our new springdale. Its very overwelming. One suggeston is to take a note pad or a vid camera. Because I guaruntee that you will forget something and doing this you will atleast have a reference to go to..
Old 02-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
KanTC

Congratulations on your new Springdale, and .

Too much to expect??... absolutely not!! It's very important, and especially for a first-time buyer.

From the Keystone Owners Manual --- Dealer Responsibilities: (in part)
#2. "Thoroughly orient and familiarize the customer with the operation of all systems and components."

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
UsTwo

Thumbs up

All these folks are correct.. Dealer should do a walk through.. If not Demand it... Print off the check list from above..and go over it..We have been through 3 walk throughs, and the list, listed things we had never thought of. DO take a video camera with you.. You will likely be nervous and forget something..and can go back to the video for a refresher... One thing I insist on... NO Cell phones..My wife was running the vid camera when her cell rang.. Being a manager she needed to answer.. I got great footage of the dealers garage door, when i needed to know how the water heater worked.. Just sayin...

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
cabinfever

Thanks all. Talked to the dealer yesterday to set up the pick up date and was assured they insist on a thorough PDI! Will be picking up Match 11th, can't wait for our first "practice" run to the local campground!
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote