Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
John&Genny

Linoleum Issues In 320RS

One of the issues we have in our Avalanche 320RS is that some of the linoleum is starting to bubble on some parts of the floor. The worst area is on the kitchen floor near the refer, and another small section on the top of the stairs going into the bedroom. We plan on having it fixed under warranty by the dealer, but just curious on how long it will take to have the repairs done once it's been approved by Keystone?

John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
bsmith0404

The funny part about that flooring is if you go back in a couple weeks and look at it again, the bubbles won't be there. It's a floating floor and expands/retracts with temp fluctuations. Have seen many do the same thing on the sales lot. They probably won't do anything unde warranty

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #3
John&Genny

Well I can tell you for a fact that the bubbles have been there more than a couple of weeks, and if anything, they are getting worse. I have a hard time believing they didn't use some kind of adhesive to keep the linoleum in place. Just the slide-out rollers themselves would cause issues if it's a completely floating floor.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:40 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

bsmith is right. The industry norm is to lay one piece of linoleum across the entire floor before anything else is installed. It's stapled along the exterior edges and that's it. I too have seen the "waves" come and go. I'll be interested in what the dealer submits for a repair.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:24 AM   #5
John&Genny

Well you two are in the industry and so I'm sure what you say is true. Perhaps in a couple of months when the weather gets cooler around here, those ripples might go away. We are just not use to seeing this kind of problem. We had a smaller Forest River trailer with a linoleum floor previously and it never had this issue. I'm still going to submit it to the dealer and see what he says about it, but won't expect miracles
Old 09-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
One of the issues we have in our Avalanche 320RS is that some of the linoleum is starting to bubble on some parts of the floor. The worst area is on the kitchen floor near the refer, and another small section on the top of the stairs going into the bedroom. We plan on having it fixed under warranty by the dealer, but just curious on how long it will take to have the repairs done once it's been approved by Keystone?

When we had an issue with the dinette slide hydraulic cylinder Jeannene got back to me within 6 days.

The dealer used the e-mail from her to order a new cylinder - had it replaced last week.

This is the part that was used:

Hydraulic Cylinder 38" Stroke; 1-1/2" Bore; Gray; 3/4"-10 Thread
Hydraulic Slide-Out Cylinder Gray - 38" Stroke; 1.5" Bore; 53" Retracted; 91" Extended

Good Afternoon Mr. Sanaker,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Although you are not seeing a lot of hydraulic fluid leaking at this time, I would recommend getting to an authorized dealer as soon as possible. It is hard to tell what is going on but I don’t think the movement of the piston housing is normal. If I can be of additional assistance, let me know. Have a great day!

Thank you,

Jeannene Jenks
Retail Advisor
Keystone, Dutchmen and Crossroads RV
Ph: 1-866-425-4369
Fax: 1-866-273-1455
[email protected]

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #7
John&Genny

Ummmm, I'm not sure what your Hydraulic piston has to do with my linoleum issue NorskeBob, but thanks anyway for the info
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #8
jonnyaiks

Is this more of an issue with larger trailers? I never had this on my smaller travel trailer, but I would expect that a smaller piece of lineoleum has less expansion capacity than a large one.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
jonnyaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #9
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaiks View Post
Is this more of an issue with larger trailers? I never had this on my smaller travel trailer, but I would expect that a smaller piece of lineoleum has less expansion capacity than a large one.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I think that's probably true. Our smaller trailer didn't have this issue either so I'm sure that it's more likely to occur on a larger slab of linoleum. Anyway, in talking with the dealer they believe they can take care of the problem so we shall see
Old 09-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #10
NorskeBob

John&Genny:

I had similar issues with an RV in the past - RV dealer had a local company replace the linoleum.

Send a picture to the name I put in the post and she may be able to speed up the repair process.

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote