Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #41
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsnbirds View Post
Good to know but how do you get to 22%? There isn't much more that I can put up in the bedroom. When I weighed at the Kat scale at Flying J it said my steering axle was 5920, drive 10920 with a gross weight of 16,840. For some reason they didn't get my trailer axle? That set up was when were living in it while re-doing the hardwood floors and kitchen flip.

Any suggestions where to get a deal on Bilstein's?
I strongly suggest you go through the scales again, your 5er has a GVWR of around 11,600#. The numbers you have listed don't make sense.

The steer axle you posted is more like what a drive axle would weigh. the 10,920 is hard to place as I carry about 9,500# on our 5er with a GVW of about 11,500#.

Well our fresh water tank is forward of the axles so I always try to run with it full, makes a very noticeable difference.

I got mine through Thoroughbred Diesel, you can also look at shock warehouse.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #42
Desert185

Check www.4wheelparts.com
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #43
Whitewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Can shocks be added to 5er with MORryde CRE3000 suspension.?
Yes they can. I replaced the lightweight shackles with the HD ones and added wet bolts at the same time. For me to drill the holes in the frame for the upper shock mount, I found it easier to drop the axle. Did one side of one axle at a time. No problem since I was breaking the bolts loose to replace the suspension bolts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1955.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	13885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	13886  

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #44
IBD

New Hitch & TV

New to this forum just today....got into this post....
Chucking.....Read these posts on "chucking" and all the "fixes" thrown out here........with my '12 Ram 1500/5.7L Hemi with added air bags and Reese 14k regular hitch and factory pin box on the '12 Keystone Copper Canyon 252FWRLS 5th wheel I did sometimes experience what you all call "chucking" and not on all roads tho. I think road surface conditions and speed, factor in to how that occurs and when.

So, now I traded up to a 2017 2500 Ram/6.4L Hemi with on board air ride (ht adjustment system), puck system mount and a PullRite SuperGlide 16K (auto) slider....not had chance to hook up and pull yet so eager to see how it functions in regards to the "chucking" thing.

Bought the PullRite slider primarily for the short box to get full turning capability. So, maybe it will take care of most any "chucking" I might see in future road trips. Anybody else have any experience with this PullRite system????

....I don't know all the statistics on wts of rig, 252FWRLS, as you folks but book says shipping wt is 7184, (hitch wt 1320) & 2936 carrying capacity = 10,120 fully loaded.....so if my math is right that suggests a 2,125# hitch wt. needed to quell most 'chucking". Never weighed system so no idea what I have been pulling. I just know it was pretty level with the air bags added to truck.
IBD is offline   Reply With Quote