Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #41
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
Joining the party late....have a 2014 Avalanche 355RK, both new 3yr ago, my 1st 5er. Over all quite happy with it, had few very minor issue at start, dealer took care of all. Biggest issue to date....fried control panel at park in Michigan due to possible voltage irregularity, fixed under warranty. Have used about 25 times in 10 different states.
Would a surge protector helped? I use a portable one.

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #42
Bebo

I would assume so, obviously did not have one then, I do have one now....signals for surges as well as low voltage....learning some things as we go....fortunately all was covered with warranty.
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #43
m&m

After having elect issues with new 65MB which had to go in for repair I now have a surge protector. Not 100% trust worthy. Power problems at park got past unit, more repairs but not expensive nor major components. Most campers in group have surge protectors.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #44
reddog7571

I've been reading several online RV forums over the last 5 years, and I put a surge protector on my "Must have List" right away! Being an electrician, it just made good sense!
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #45
Bebo

Yep, we live, we learned, bought one right away after that trip....all is good. Wisdom is gained from experience....
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #46
NorskeBob

Glad we had on when we stayed at a RV park in Lake George - voltage was very low in the RV park. My surge protector removed power from the RV due to low voltage many times during the day. They also had a major electrical fault during the day too - part of the park lost power until the Utility crew came out to fix the problem. Was a hot summer day - 4th of July weekend and everyone was running their AC units.

I did smoke the power supply to the frig many years ago when we had a motor home - it could not take the power surge during as storm - I did not have a surge protector then.

Also, I use the portable surge protector to check out the power on the power pole. I plug in the portable surge protector - check the power - voltage and freq. If the power looks good then I connect the RV. At one RV park I found that there was a phase voltage problem on the 50 amp service but the 30 amp service was good.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #47
MarineFam

Hey Everyone! My wife and I own a 2015 Avalanche 361TG. We bought it new off the lot, trading in our 30' Wildcat Tag Trailer. I ad been searching for this floor plan with having two boys and usually having friends along it's worked great. This will be my first year hauling it with my truck. In the past, we were seasonal and a Buddy hauled it for the only other place we go for a long stretch in Bar Harbor, Maine. So far we love it.
Right now I'm looking at hitches and need to decide on one this week so I can get the ball rolling getting it installed. seeing some of the comments I'm really thinking about an auto slide like a friend suggested. Thoughts?

2015 Avalanche 361TG
2017 GMC 3500HD Duramax
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:47 AM   #48
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
We just purchased a 2017 329RS. Any insights?
Looking to install a TV in the bedroom. Ours did not come one installed. Not sure how one is installed at the factory. Has anyone installed one themselves?
Had the RV dealer install the TV wall mount - just the part that attaches to the wall. The screws that come with the kit are too long so we had to purchase some 1 1/4 inch bevel head metal screws. He said that there is plywood behind the area for the TV. As it turns our where he put the wall mounting piece there was an aluminum stud. Three screws hold the mount in place. The TV is not quite centered top to bottom so there is a little "shelf space" on the bottom.

Mounted the bracket to the TV first. I had to take the mount apart (near the wall bracket - allen screw at the top where it swivels) so I could get the bracket to slide over the wall bracket. Probably not explaining it well.

Need to attach the strap yet.

I purchased a Vizio 32" TV - D32-D1 from Wally World.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV mount.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	12454   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	12455  

Old 05-01-2017, 04:01 AM   #49
NorskeBob

Bath room - - I figured out how to mount a toilet paper mount and a hand towel mount. Where did you put the mount for bath towels?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #50
John&Genny

As you noticed, the 320 doesn't have much in the way of bathroom wall space. We used those 3M Command brushed nickel hooks and put one directly above the toilet high on the wall, and the other just to the right of the shower door. That's about the only place there is as far as we can tell. Just out of curiosity, where did you mount your TP holder? We mounted ours on the bathroom sink lower right door. Open the door, and it's there handy. Close the door and out of sight
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #51
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
As you noticed, the 320 doesn't have much in the way of bathroom wall space. We used those 3M Command brushed nickel hooks and put one directly above the toilet high on the wall, and the other just to the right of the shower door. That's about the only place there is as far as we can tell. Just out of curiosity, where did you mount your TP holder? We mounted ours on the bathroom sink lower right door. Open the door, and it's there handy. Close the door and out of sight
TP - same location
hand towel - put a holder on the left side of the sink - put a backing board inside the "linen" closet for the screws
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	towel.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	12474   Click image for larger version

Name:	tp.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	12475  

Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 AM   #52
NorskeBob

Quote:
Had the RV dealer install the TV wall mount - just the part that attaches to the wall. The screws that come with the kit are too long so we had to purchase some 1 1/4 inch bevel head metal screws. He said that there is plywood behind the area for the TV. As it turns our where he put the wall mounting piece there was an aluminum stud. Three screws hold the mount in place. The TV is not quite centered top to bottom so there is a little "shelf space" on the bottom.

Mounted the bracket to the TV first. I had to take the mount apart (near the wall bracket - allen screw at the top where it swivels) so I could get the bracket to slide over the wall bracket. Probably not explaining it well.

Need to attach the strap yet.

I purchased a Vizio 32" TV - D32-D1 from Wally World.
Attached the straps - turns out there is no plywood behind the TV area. Attached the straps to the center screws on the sides of the TV mounting "box". Guess the guy that installed the TV mount knew that there was a aluminum stud in the location. Also I found out the that the studs are not on 16" centers in that area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Strap.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	12473  

Old 05-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #53
m&m

Nice Thanks
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:43 AM   #54
NorskeBob

Added a bath towel rack today. Had to modify the part that hangs over the door. Cut it so it is flush with the outside of the door and screwed it to the top of the door with 4 screws.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	towel rack bath.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	12499  

Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 AM   #55
NorskeBob

Exclamation Factory carrying on the tradition

Gray 1 and the black tank valves are not labeled correctly. When I opened gray 1 the black tank emptied and when I opened the black tank valve gray 1 tank emptied. Was easy to test - the RV dealer had left the water in the tanks after they tested the tank level monitoring system. Re-labeled the valve handles.

John&Genny had posted a picture on 4/26
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...d.php?p=235255

Old 05-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #56
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Added a bath towel rack today. Had to modify the part that hangs over the door. Cut it so it is flush with the outside of the door and screwed it to the top of the door with 4 screws.
Thanks for posting this. I have this towel rack and it annoys the crap out of me sliding around. Never even thought about screw holes or screwing it down. Duh on me. Fixing this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:18 AM   #57
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Thanks for posting this. I have this towel rack and it annoys the crap out of me sliding around. Never even thought about screw holes or screwing it down. Duh on me. Fixing this today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Had to remove the door to install the rack. Countersunk the existing screw holes (2) and the two I made.

InterDesign York - Over-The-Shower-Door 3-Bar Towel Rack

Tried to modify a picture to show the part I cut off. I used a jig saw with a fine metal blade to make the cut.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2017, 05:55 AM   #58
Terry W.

OK I'm late get in this. we have a 2012 330RE. Got in new and we love it. We have a short bed pick up with a manual slider hitch and I slide it back all the time for 2 reasons 1 clearance 2 trailer responds quicker. About the water pressure I got a house regulator from Lowes. using a pressure gage set it for 50psi. Reason the opening is larger than RV models, more volume same pressure. Also I plumbed in a 10 filter using PVC. Black tank flush seem to work well never had a bad smell in unit. I use a clear section of pipe to see and I "flush" tank, not paying for water. One trip in for warranty repair, slide was dragging on floor. Now have another one starting to do it so I try and adjust it myself. OK I'll quite for now bottom line we are very pleased with ours.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #59
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

We went with a toilet paper holder on a stand with library I would take and attach a picture BUT its raining and 40 degrees out today At least I think it is rain
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #60
NorskeBob

Space above the pantry that is lit. Seems like a waste of space - maybe used to gain access to the shower head area. Wonder how the lights would be changed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	avalanche17_320rs_pantry.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	12645