Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2016, 07:15 AM   #21
Jgkopp

Inverter fan operation is based on two things. Ambient temp and temp of the converter. If it is really cold in the rig the fan may delay coming on. As the inverter heats up the fan is controlled "on" by a thermo disk sensing this heat.

Yes adding more resistance to a load reduces a load and this reduces the heat of the inverter. Again ambient temps around this device are a factor.

Notice Keystone has a vent tube to the outside off the battery. This is a good thing for those that boil their batteries. Check your water often, even when plugged in as the charging system will attempt to charge the battery when your plugged in. The 6 volt batteries are easier to maintain as they have a quick release for the caps. You can open all three at once. One can pair up two 6 volt batteries and have a much longer life for 12 volt power when dry camping. You will need the extra battery to be in a case and then Y it into the vent tube so as not to contaminate the air within the rig with battery fumes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElygXOXXGSc
Jgkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #22
Tbos

FWIW, the battery installed in my Passport appears to be a maintenance free battery. I'll have to see if there is a way to open the flat top on it for maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #23
bobbecky

Our dealer installed two group 24 batteries, which were maintenance free. I upgraded to two group 27, still the RV/Marine maintenance free. I only rarely check them for corrosion, and so far, that has never been a problem.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Our dealer installed two group 24 batteries, which were maintenance free. I upgraded to two group 27, still the RV/Marine maintenance free. I only rarely check them for corrosion, and so far, that has never been a problem.
I am not a battery guru by any means but were the group 24s installed by the dealer "deep cycle" batteries? When I replaced mine (non maintenance free) and looked at the various options I found no maintenance free options; when I talked to the Interstate store they said there was no such thing for a deep cycle....maybe in their inventory??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #25
bobbecky

The brand of battery my dealer installed and what I installed in a larger size is Centennial. There are other brands of RV/Marine batteries, but they are all a compromise, better than a starting battery and not as good as a pure deep cycle, but I like the maintenance free feature.

http://www.centennialbatteries.com/p..._rvmarine.html
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #26
MG72B

It started back up today, I took out one light bulb and it stopped. I guess I will put in LED's as suggested.
MG72B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power