Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM   #1
Deankoe

Cameras? 1 or 3?

Just got new rig. 33' long. Wondering if I need a 1 camera system or if 3 is worthwhile? Looking at the Tadibrothers wireless system where the 9" monitor mounts on the existing rear view mirror. Any comments?
Deankoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Williston324

Re: Cameras? 1 or 3?

Hooked up I'm 53 feet bumper to bumper. The single wide angle camera mounted high on the rear of the trailer is plenty good enough for me. I have it pointing slightly off center to the passenger side. I can still see from the drivers side lane right across. This combined with my side mirrors eliminates any blind spots. My screen is mounted low, center dash.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
MattHelm21

In bought the Tadibrothers rear view camera, two side camera's and the rear view mirror monitor for my former truck and 36 foot fifth wheel. I purchased the super duper transmitter and receiver for the rear camera and the standard transmitter receiver's for the side camera's.

I installed the rear view camera and its transmitter on the back of the fiver then the rear view monitor, and all the receivers in the truck. I never did install the side view camera's. I wired and plugged one into a 12 volt portable jump starter and set it about where the side view camera would be mounted(about even with a landing gear leg) and the wireless signal was unusable. Static and drop outs while parked were normal. I recommend getting the heavy duty transmitter and receiver for these camera's as well but the real estate necessary is hard to find in the truck and is the main reason I gave up on installing them.

I had more success with the rear view camera. Quality was great when parked and passable when moving. Drop outs were common but never so much I couldn't know what was behind me. My intention was always to use this more as a rear view mirror than a backup camera. It was great knowing exactly when you could move back to the right after passing someone.

The rear view monitor was a trade off too. I'm glad I did it that way instead of a stand alone monitor because it was one less thing to clutter up the dash. However, during the day without video it was very dark for a mirror. During the day with video, the reflection from the mirror was annoying. At night without video it was exactly like a standard night switched rear view mirror. At night with video, the camera LED's were too dim to be useful but bright enough that the brightness of the monitor needed to be turned all the way down to prevent glare. Oh, they said it would be a 9 inch monitor when ordered but what was shipped was 10.1 inches.

As bad as that sounds, I would do it again on that rig. Now, if I can just get the system that came with my new Fuzion to work over the 50-60 feet necessary to get to the cab, I'll be back to where I was.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
msp2jxr

I also have a 311 Impact and bought my camera from Taddi Brothers. My monitor also fits on the review my. I have been very happy with this set up and Taddi Stands behind the products they sell. I too recommend getting the strongest transmitter you can get. Mine works well most of time with some drop outs.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote