Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Cyncwby

Phase 2 of Pete's RV customer service

Well I finally got some answers today, straight from the horse's mouth .....Terry Shepard, the owner. Even though I had to call twice and ended up sending pics of the damage to his email address he did call me back.

If you remember the entry door had been changed (no decals and latch) he explained that they had a rash of burglarys at their storage lot by prying the entry door open thusly ruining it. The theft was the large TV's, they eventually caught the crooks who worked for another RV dealership so they knew what they were looking for.

Without going into the issues at the Indy dealership he did say that they are working on making customer service better and hopefully we can resolve the problems that we encountered. As for me doing the repairs myself he said that he would bill Keystone for my time and effort ....... but that they only pay a flat rate for each repair just like they would a dealer.

We had a very nice informative conversation, I wasn't complaining and moaning, just wanted a fair shake for what we went through. Mr. Shepard agreed and had me talk to his secretary who took down my hours for the repair work. Now we'll just wait and see if Keystone comes through with an amiable emount of compensation. As always I'll keep you informed ....... Dave
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Bluewater

I'm confused. Why would Keystone pay for a damage claim done by a third party?
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote