Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
kroencke

carpet and slide issue in Alpine

Hi...My husband and I have a 2012 Alpine 3600rs. We have had an issue with the main slide (dining table and recliner slide) causing our carpet to get dirty by the table. It seems the slide is not sealed properly. We have had to clean the carpet there a couple times this camping season. We took it in to be checked but they can't seem to see an issue. We can tell it is not sealed as we can see a space and light and will be taking it back in this week. We also ran into another Alpine 3600rs owner a couple days ago and he is having the same issue. Anyone else with this problem and if so, was it fixed? Thanks, Jackie
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Little Guy

Sounds like a slide-out adjustment issue. This should be an easy fix for the "experts" at your dealer. Good luck.
2012 Laredo 294RK TT "Larry"
'09 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab, 6.0L vortec (gas)
*Wishin' for a diesel*
Equal-I-Zer sway control hitch

Life is good!
Little Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
fred1609

I too would start with looking at the adjustment of the slide. Even though it doesn't feel its out of alignment but might be just enough to cause the problems your seeing. I'm guessing the problem is when you are moving that dirt is getting in. After having your alignment checked, look at the seals....I would even chalk the seals and see if there is a visible gap. Sounds to me a seal isn't sealing and dirt is rolling in.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote