Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
neesey62

Question about 2011 327 holding tanks

While camping last time I noticed my kitchen sink didn't want to drain. My husband went outside and found a holding tank for the sink water. Nothing is mentioned about this separate holding tank. Why isn't it mentioned anywhere?
neesey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
therink

You should have 4 tank level gauges at your control panel (Black, Grey, galley and fresh). Grey usually serves the shower and bathroom sink, black serves toilet, gallery serves the kitchen sink and fresh is drinking water. There is usually a separate drain valve handle for the rear most galley tank that is usually near or behind the street side axles. I hope this helps.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone provides a "generic" owner's manual. It is so generalized in the information provided that they apparently chose not to include the possibility of multiple holding tanks since not all models have this feature.

One would have to assume that they intended to leave that "multiple tank" feature up to the dealer to explain and demonstrate during the PDI. Some dealers do, some dealers don't..... Your dealer apparently is in the "don't" category. It makes you wonder what else he didn't mention during the PDI. I'm sure you'll find many suprises in store as you become more familiar with your new RV. Hopefully, more "good ones" than "not so good ones"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
WaltBennett

You didn't say what type you have - if it's a Montana, the valve handle is usually through the frame on the street side somewhere near the tires. Others sometimes have them vertically through the bottom cover. Since the handle is black, you've got to really look! (It could also be beneath a slide to make it even harder!)

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote