Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
BobnLee

Cougar 26SAB bumper recall

Just got the letter from Keystone yesterday recalling the 26SAB for the back bumper. Funny, I called my dealer when I read it here in the forum about 3 months or so ago and they knew nothing about it. Kind of strange that the owners are more up on what is going on than the dealers. Just got back from Florida and managed to keep the back bumper on. Another trip to the dealer
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Ayotte

We bought our 2012 26sab in June of 2011. First trip out after 500km bumper was all cracked. Took spare off and stored it in front compartment. Contacted dealer and later that fall took it in and they reinforced the bumper. Haven't had a problem since. Have not received anything from keystone about the recall.You would think that every one that ownes one of these would receive a recall notice. Dealer was very good-repaired it and there was no recall notice at that time.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Charli

Got a call from the dealer 2weeks ago about the recall and then a few days later got a letter from Keystone advising about the recall. Letter said "second notice" which is interesting cause that's the first letter we had rec'd from Keystone. Similar to Ayotte, we bought from the same dealer and they fixed this problem within a few weeks of us buying the unit, almost 2 years ago, at their cost. The dealer rewelded the bumper, moved the spare to the front belly of the trailer and then at our cost we had a receiver welded to the frame to handle our bike rack. Not sure if I will make the drive to have the recall work done cause our fixes basically resolved the problem.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #4
Ayotte

I contacted my dealer to see if their fix was the same as the recall fix. They said it was basically the same. Then I contacted Keystone to see why I had never received a recall notice. This was their response.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. I am writing in response to your bumper. I am sorry to hear about the encounter you have experienced. After reviewing your file, I see where your bumper issue had been taken care of on 9/23/2011 and we do apologize as this did occur before our recall postings had been sent out to the dealers on 10/10/2012. As this had already been taken care of prior, the dealer had closed the open recall – resulting in the reason way you had not received a letter.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Camp I am

Yup mine on my 2012 327RES failed after 3000 miles last year. Recall doesn't say it but they'll fix it just the same as it's the same bumper config.

http://www.keystonerv.com/media/5375...mper_-_web.pdf

2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES

2006 Chevy Silverado 3500, LT3 CC/LB 4WD SRW LBZ Duramax/Allison Equiped with Curt Q5 20K hitch, Prodigy Brake control, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000, & 100 gallon in-bed fuel tank
Camp I am is offline   Reply With Quote