Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #1
davvalh

BAL Stabilizer bars

Hello
I received two sets of BAL stabilizer bars for the front feet of our new Springdale. The instructions are very vague. Does anyone have any idea on how they are to be installed or should I just take it to the dealer.
Thanks in advance
davvalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Try phoning BAL (Customer Service) at 800-347-2232 or visit their website (www.norcoind.com)

There are also several YouTube videos on BAL stabilizer bars which you can check out.

Also, use our forum Search function and type in BAL Stabilizer . There are several members who have purchased and installed these bars.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Laredo291OH

Installed mine, not much to it. Use the supplied hardware to attach to the stabilizer jack, then use the supplied hardware to attach the swivel end to the bottom of the trailer frame. I did it when the jack was up and the so I knew how far back to mount the swivel point.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
davvalh

Just an update on the BAL Stabilizer bars. I installed them according to the instructions.
I had a hard time raising the lower feet, thought I had a bent one. I took the bars off and everything works great. Went to a king pin tripod instead.
davvalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davvalh View Post
Just an update on the BAL Stabilizer bars. I installed them according to the instructions.
I had a hard time raising the lower feet, thought I had a bent one. I took the bars off and everything works great. Went to a king pin tripod instead.
Well that is a step backward! We installed JT Strongarms, and yes the lower leg of the LG can be a bit difficult, but the extra stability is worth the effort.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #6
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by davvalh View Post
I am offering 30 cents on the dollar for your Stabilizer bars - 50 cents on the dollar if you pay shipping

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
I am offering 30 cents on the dollar for your Stabilizer bars - 50 cents on the dollar if you pay shipping
LOL What's that old adage? "One man's trash is another man's treasure???"

All stabilizer bars have the potential to increase the effort needed to push the landing gear up for travel. It's the friction of the two tubes sliding inside each other. Like many, I'll "wrestle" the landing gear to get a good night's sleep without being bounced in bed with every movement inside the trailer....

Oh, if you can't get them for 30 cents on the dollar, Amazon has some pretty good pricing if you're a PRIME member.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #8
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
LOL What's that old adage? "One man's trash is another man's treasure???"

All stabilizer bars have the potential to increase the effort needed to push the landing gear up for travel. It's the friction of the two tubes sliding inside each other. Like many, I'll "wrestle" the landing gear to get a good night's sleep without being bounced in bed with every movement inside the trailer....

Oh, if you can't get them for 30 cents on the dollar, Amazon has some pretty good pricing if you're a PRIME member.
While I didn't state it in my first post, I had a tripod, that is either going on Craig's list or to the Good Will.
Our JT's make the 5er rock solid!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
While I didn't state it in my first post, I had a tripod, that is either going on Craig's list or to the Good Will.
Our JT's make the 5er rock solid!
Dittos on the SteadyFast system. Incredible stability with no sliding tube in a tube. The gear feet move without extra effort. FWIW...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #10
Pmedic4

BAL Lock-arm stabilizers

I put them on the front landing gear, and they do make pushing up the lower part of the gear slightly harder, but not at all difficult. Actually you can even pull up on the bar to give you more leverage, so in one regard it's easier.

I did make the mistake of not loosening the lock screws one time, and it pulled the self tapping screws out of the frame. I ended replacing those screws with bolts, and definitely are more careful.

We tried the fifthwheel support, and it didn't really change the movement much, so went with the BAL arms, and it is an improvement over just the gear and rear jacks.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote