Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #1
reddog7571

Finding camping spot for 39 ft coach?

Looking for camping spot for a 39' coach, and how far out do you need to get a good spot?
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
canesfan

Where? When? Mine is 37' and I haven't had a problem finding spots. Now if you plan to arrive someplace Memorial Day weekend on Friday afternoon you might have some trouble.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #3
m&m

except for SP in Fl have not had problems with our 40'. happy camping.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:47 AM   #4
reddog7571

SW Ohio State Parks have quite a few spots for 35' coaches, but finding available 40' spots has been tough.
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

To the Original Poster: You don't give any specifics to "aim for" in your very generalized question. If you give us your location, plans, preferences, etc, you may find that a member (or members) can give you some specific advice on the campground or area where you're planning to visit.

On the other hand, with just what info you've provided, I'd believe that the entire range of availability would exist. By that I mean that in some areas of the US, you'd be able to take your pick of campsites while in other areas, every campsite within 10 miles of your destination has already been reserved for the entire camping season, some may have been "fully booked" since last year.

So, more info please.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

A little more help will help....

^^^^What JRTJH said is excellent advice. Also, if you pick an area, you can check reviews on the campground on line. Many will tell you if it is a tight fit, tight roads, etc on the reviews. Google is good, RVParky.com is good, there are several others. I just planned an entire 2 week trip to the Wisconsin Dells, the Upper Peninsula, Traverse City and Holland, MI all on line. I was able to check the hook ups, check the spots, verify that I will have enough room, etc, all on line. I even used the satellite images to verify that what I was reading was accurate. It all helps. 40 foot is long, but not impossible. Keep in mind that when you are booking, the length selected is for the trailer only, unless it says to include the tow vehicle in the number. I hope that this helps.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog7571 View Post
SW Ohio State Parks have quite a few spots for 35' coaches, but finding available 40' spots has been tough.
I've heard that a lot about SPs in general. Most or should I say a lot aren't set up for bigger RVs. I think there are books out there that list parks and campgrounds and what they will handle size wise. Might be a good investment if your having issues.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote