Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
frankc

2010 Hickory 3400RL

Where can i Find or purchase a schematic of the waste water system for a 2010 Keystone Montana Hickory 3400RL. I appears i have a leak and my undercarriage is totally enclosed. Before i tear the whole thing apart i would like to know where all the parts are. any help would be appreciated.
frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Plumbing, electrical, HVAC plans or schematics are not available publically on any Keystone RV product. The factory has made the conscious decision not to provide that information to the dealerships, the public and to consumers. Unfortunately, you're pretty much "on your own" in attempting to resolve your problem. If you describe your issues here, someone on the forum may have some suggestions on how to best approach the problem and/or may share problems and solutions that they experienced.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately your not going to find a schematic of plumbing or wiring. Keystone doesn't publish them. Best way to diagnose your problem is to drain all the tanks. Then fill each, one at a time and the leak should show itself. We use this method on new units, and yes we will remove sealed underbelly as needed to observe tanks.

One way to determine placement of tanks is to look for the 3" pipe coming from the toilet and that will be the black tank. Then just remove enough screws to pull the coroplast down. The gray(s) will most likely be next to the black and have 1 1/2" drains attached. The black will have a 3" drain. I've seen 3" drain outlets on gray tanks but they will have a reduced fitting.

Finding a leak can be a pain because it's a time consuming process. Once you find the leak, you have to formulate a plan to repair/replace. Good luck finding the source and post up your findings. We can probably give you the best course of action.

I see John was typing while I was.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
frankc

Thank you. I really appreciate the quick response. Guess I was really wanting a simple answer. Would you know where I can Ifind new chloroplast?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
frankc

Thank you for your quick answer.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Here is one source: http://www.trekwood.com/replacements/32169/Underbelly

They list the price at $0.45 a running foot. That's about the correct price, but unfortunately, shipping will have to be by truck, so you're looking at a very expensive purchase. Realistically, any RV dealership will have coroplast on hand or have a ready supply that they can order. Shop around, it's not "brand specific" so any dealership that sells RV parts will have it, even the "competition". Often you'll find a dealership that has a "remnant" from a previous repair order that they really want to get rid of because it's taking up space. They'll be happy to offer you a discount if you'll just get it out of the way.... So, look around town and make a few phone calls before you order it from Trekwood....

ADDED: Coroplast is a plastic corrugated sheeting material. It's pretty durable and lasts quite a while, so unless your underbelly is damaged beyond repair, you'll probably be able to reuse it. That said, if your underbelly is DARCO, a product similar to the "cheap blue plastic tarp" material, only black, you may not be able to reuse it. Do you know which type underbelly material you have ???

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:40 AM   #7
CaptnJohn

On plumbing I often wonder if there is a plan other than to say ~ "find the sinks, shower, and toilet and have them all end in the same place ~ or 2 places". Now ~~ I'm 68 years old with a very bad back. To get to the FW pump or HW bypass I have to crawl into the basement and then reach a couple feet into the belly,,,, great thinking there as well.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
bobbecky

With a little care, you will not need to replace the coroplast. I recently had a leaking grey tank, and was able to use Pasti-Mend to repair the crack. I ended up totally removing the coroplast, repaired the crack, added additional braces across the frame and added support blocking between the braces and the bottom of both the grey and black tanks, and reinstalled the coroplast.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote