Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
mets721

Wintering kit

Anyone install a winterizing kit to their pump? Any recommendations? This will be the first year winterizing the Cougar and it doesn't have a kit installed. My Jayco came with one. I can see I'm going to have to take a few basement wall panels down just to get to the pump.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
slow

Re: Wintering kit

If you have a flojet pump with quick disconnects call Quad Port, no winterizing kit is required. Buy the Quad Port fitting that has a barb that you can connect a hose to like this: https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-20381-.../dp/B0000AZ76Z

Disconnect the FW inlet fitting at the pump and attach the hose with quad port. Then place the open end of the hose in your antifreeze bottle and you are good to go.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
busterbrown

Re: Wintering kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
If you have a flojet pump with quick disconnects call Quad Port, no winterizing kit is required. Buy the Quad Port fitting that has a barb that you can connect a hose to like this: https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-20381-.../dp/B0000AZ76Z

Disconnect the FW inlet fitting at the pump and attach the hose with quad port. Then place the open end of the hose in your antifreeze bottle and you are good to go.
I winterized my water lines today on my Bullet and didn't know which water pump I had. The Flowjet's have the disconnect, the Shurflow's have the threaded ends. My Bullet has the Flowjet pump so I have to return the Camco Pump Winterizing Kit I bought. I did buy this elbow to install on a 3 foot section of 1/2" vinyl hose. But it won't be here til later this week. So I recruited my wife to help manually pump the pink stuff into the city inlet. It took longer but at least it's done. I told the DW that it'll be easier next year!
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote