Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2019, 05:57 AM   #21
duh1

left midland in 1967, in Tallahassee for last 39 years! We put a lot of miles in the trailer since 2010, about 100,000 and conservatively 2+ years living in it. longest time was basically 5 months. Try to be good about maintenance but roof leaked a bit in front and now front is 'bubbled a bit', camping world redid/coated and sealed the roof last year and all seems fine. Happier than a lot of people with keystones, seem there are some lemons out there but it is showing a bit of age, but then so are we!
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1 View Post
left midland in 1967, in Tallahassee for last 39 years! We put a lot of miles in the trailer since 2010, about 100,000 and conservatively 2+ years living in it. longest time was basically 5 months. Try to be good about maintenance but roof leaked a bit in front and now front is 'bubbled a bit', camping world redid/coated and sealed the roof last year and all seems fine. Happier than a lot of people with keystones, seem there are some lemons out there but it is showing a bit of age, but then so are we!

A little off topic but you have been gone a long time. You would not recognize Midland, the surrounding countryside or traffic. We have stayed in Panacea for the last 8 years for the winter since my daughter moved to the area. She now lives in Tally out on Miccosukee in Miccosukee Meadows. Small world!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #23
LeeB43

Smile 220RBI Floor Problem - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB43 View Post
I took my 220RBI back to Camping World, where I purchased it. They looked at the floor and agreed there is definitely something wrong with it. They said that it’s a bonded floor and they cannot fix it locally; it has to go back to the factory if that’s the fix. They wrote up what they found and sent it into Keystone. Keystone responded to take pictures all around the island and perimeter cabinetry to see if there is any water damage (there is none). What Camping World did was to put a straight edge down on the floor and then stand on the soft spot to show How much it has deflected. They took about six or so pictures of that also. They are sending that back up to Keystone and we’ll see what they have to say. What they told me at Camping World was that if indeed they have to replace the floor they have to take everything off of it, exterior walls included, because the floor is the first thing that goes down. And to expect them to have it for a couple of months. As I said I’m living in now so that’s not going to work. I’m hoping they will offer to swap it out with a new one Or give me cash instead. If that’s the route they want to go then I want to work a deal to upgrade to a cougar fifth wheel. I expect to know next week what’s going to happen.
Long story short - After much back and forth between CW Warranty Mgr, Cory, and Keystone, Keystone finally conceded that it could not be repaired and agreed to replace it with an identical 220RBI. I was able to work a deal with CW to trade the replacement trailer for a 315RLS Cougar 5th Wheel. Since I live full time in the rig, it is SO MUCH BETTER! Lots of room & places to sit (& was able to get a washer/dryer combo installed. Yea!) A few months to do it all, but well worth it. Kudos to Keystone for backing up their warranty. Also kudos to CW for fighting for me. CW gets a lot of grief but I have bought 3 rigs from the store in Summerfield, Florida and have been treated very well by Sales, Parts & Service. I’m a happy camper!

2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS
2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crewcab 4x4 Short Bed
2019 Keystone Bullet UltraLite 220RBIwe (traded)
2018 GMC Canyon Denali CrewCab 4x4 Short Bed (traded)
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 220RBSL (traded)
LeeB43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor