Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
LouSlugger

Help please, no water flow

I filled water tank upon arrival at state park campground yesterday afternoon. There is no water connection at our site so planned to use on board pump system. Turned pump switch to "on" position and pump motor (under sink) sounds like it is working, but all get is a few spits of water when I turn on any faucets or try to flush toilet, and then just hissing sound. Before this trip I had completely emptied tank via drain hose but no idea if that has anything to do with problem. Seems as though it's not "primed" but I don't understand the system well enough to know whether that's even a possibility. I'm in a 2007 Fuzion 362. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
jsmith948

Well, provided that you have filed the FW tank, you will have to run the pump (open the valve) on each sink, toilet, shower, etc. until you have purged the air from the lines. It will take several minutes of pumping to fill the HW htr.
When we last used ours it probably took a good minute to get water out of the bathroom sink. Hope this helps

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
LouSlugger

So air in the lines wasn't the problem. I disconnected the hose coming from the outlet side of the pump and there is no water being pumped -- just air. Because I had filled the water tank until it overflowed I thought it might help if I drained some out of it, but that didn't help either. Not sure what to do next except try to speak to a service tech at dealer. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
deadeye

Some trailrers have a 2 way valve for the winterizing and fresh water.Check to see if the pump is set for winterizing
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
Some trailrers have a 2 way valve for the winterizing and fresh water.Check to see if the pump is set for winterizing
+1

If your pump is blowing air on the output side, it's not 100% pulling on the FW tank. Leaving the winterizing valve open just a tiny bit will produce the exact results that the OP describes.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
LouSlugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
+1

If your pump is blowing air on the output side, it's not 100% pulling on the FW tank. Leaving the winterizing valve open just a tiny bit will produce the exact results that the OP describes.
where would that valve be, at the pump or at the water heater?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
dilligaf1

You might want to check in your compartment where the satellite and external TV cable hookups are. If yours is like my Raptor, there is a hand valve you have to turn. One direction is for filling the tank, the other direction draws water from the tank. The markings were not clear on mine when I bought it.
Hope that helps.
dilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
LouSlugger

Thanks all. I spoke to keystone tech support. my unit doesn't have that two way valve for winterizing (just a water heater by pass valve, which is open and not part of this problem). Last thing I did was check the in-line water filter located at inlet side of motor to make sure it wasn't clogged. It wasn't. Guess I'll have to pay a pro to diagnose the problem. Until this year I've been a tent camper so I can survive a week at a state park without running water.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSlugger View Post
where would that valve be, at the pump or at the water heater?
Well, regardless of what Keystone tech support might tell you, there's a fair chance that there is a winterizing valve. They don't seem to understand their own products very well, and the left hand has no clue that the right hand even exists, let alone what it might be doing.

Most of them are installed close to the pump on the input line to the pump from the FW tank. Flip the valve one way and it draws from the FW tank. Flip it the other way and it draws through a short siphon hose. The siphon hose, of course, gets stuck in a gallon jug of RV antifreeze.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote