Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
dakingsella

Question for Cougar 327RES Owners

We recently purchased our Cougar 327RES and love it. We are concerned about our Sofa though and wondering if others are having issues. When we took delivery we discovered that we could not easily pull out and push in the Ottoman. We also discovered that when we made the sofa out into a bed, we could not get it back into the sofa position. The service dept found part of the frame was bent and straightened it, getting it back into place, but we still cannot easily pull out the ottoman.

Has anyone else had issues with the sofa in the 327RES?

Responses would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #2
66ken

They are not easy to pull out and push in. Check to see if the folding legs have some tension on them, so they don't try to fall when pushing it in. I had to tighten the bolts on ours.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Camp I am

The legs could be an issue as they do have to fold over which happens at about the half way point of pushing it in. If it's hard after the legs have folded up I noticed that the bag with the air mattress in it hangs down a bit in the way of the ottomen, so when you get the ottomen in there your pushing against the bag. Try pulling the back of the couch towards you a little with one hand which will lift the bag up and out of the way while at the same time pushing the ottomen in with the other hand, once the ottomen is in position release the back of the couch and the bag will now rest on top of the ottomen. Now with that said pulling it out the bag is still wedged in there so I'd be looking at that as a potential source of your issue and again maybe pull the sofa over (towards you) a bit to release the tension to allow the ottomen to come out easier.

2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES

2006 Chevy Silverado 3500, LT3 CC/LB 4WD SRW LBZ Duramax/Allison Equiped with Curt Q5 20K hitch, Prodigy Brake control, Air Lift Load Lifter 5000, & 100 gallon in-bed fuel tank
Camp I am is offline   Reply With Quote