Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
mach11961

In command app

I have a new Keystone Fuzion 423. I had downloaded the in Command app and it was working everytime but after a IOS update the app doesn’t work for me. I have deleted and reinstalled. It shows paired but the app just says connecting. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks for any info
mach11961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
MattHelm21

Frequently. Go to the DC(the display) and power it down by holding the power button until the “ok” confirmation comes up and press it. Once the screen goes dark then hold the power button in again until the screen comes on and release it. When you get the opportunity to enter your password on the display, try to log into the app first. Also, I’ve found that most of the time when I lose connection like this it is because I’ve left the app running in the background. I always manually close the app using the swipe up feature in IOS and I would say about 95 percent of the time I have no trouble reconnecting.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #3
mach11961

Thanks, I do normally close out the app. But this pass weekend we had some people over and do believe I may have the app on. I’ll do that and see what happens. Thanks again
Old 10-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #4
rrjernigan

We (wife and I) have found the inCommand system to be a bit of an annoyance. Having to put in a code every time to turn the lights we want on isn't very efficient. Perhaps there is a way to avoid this but I don't know what it is.
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #5
Racebug

go into settings and you can get rid of the code. lasted a whole 10 minutes before I did that!

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
mach11961

Update I called ASA and the guy told me that apple and there update caused some problems with some phones. I had done 2 updates and the 2nd didn’t like the app. I didn’t know that there was another update, so I did the latest and all problems have gone for now. But that could be subject too change
Thanks
Old 10-13-2017, 01:50 AM   #7
notanlines

Which of your lights in the RV are controlled with this gadget? And is your iPhone or that hand-held the only way to turn on your light? We have had a number of RV's and probably own more iPhones, iPads, etc than the average bear, but I don't want to have to drag my iPhone around and dig it out every time I want to turn on or off a light as I go.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #8
Racebug

you can control everything with the touch screen. Don't need a phone if you don't want to use it. It controls all the slides, awnings, lights, generator, water pump and water heater.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #9
lonewolftx

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebug View Post
you can control everything with the touch screen. Don't need a phone if you don't want to use it. It controls all the slides, awnings, lights, generator, water pump and water heater.
Well the LR slide out lights, mstr bedrm, bathrooms, loft, and a separate garage set all have light switches and are not controlled by the system. These lights you can put a dimmer on where as those on the system you can’t. that is in my 420.

Also you can only control the system with one device at a time.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
lonewolftx

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Frequently. Go to the DC(the display) and power it down by holding the power button until the “ok” confirmation comes up and press it. Once the screen goes dark then hold the power button in again until the screen comes on and release it. When you get the opportunity to enter your password on the display, try to log into the app first. Also, I’ve found that most of the time when I lose connection like this it is because I’ve left the app running in the background. I always manually close the app using the swipe up feature in IOS and I would say about 95 percent of the time I have no trouble reconnecting.
I have had these issues as well I have also had to go to the brain unit (in forward storage Bay) and reset the main computer there by pushing the blue light button. Another solution if the initial ones don’t work in the future.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #11
MattHelm21

Quote:
I have also had to go to the brain unit (in forward storage Bay) and reset the main computer
Check the version of firmware on your In Command system against the latest on the Jensen web site. You might actually have to download it to view the file names to find out. Since I updated mine, I have not had to reset the BCM once this season. I keep hoping for another update that will address the need to reboot the DC but the frequency of this issue has decreased to the point that the benefits of the system outway the occasional unreliability. If you are confortable with this upgrade, just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter as there are now two versions of the system and there are three separate updates needed that have to be done in the correct order or the system becomes unusable.