Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
Stu117

2017 fuzion 369 fridge power outage

Hey everyone!

I'm a newbie here, but been lurking a little.

So early June we bought a new fuzion 369. Parked it at the lake. Everything seemed great, until today.

Rode up on the harleys, got there, and small fridge wasn't working. Well, went inside, and neither was big fridge. Now we cleaned it all out, and tried to start it again, but it keeps saying "no ac" on the screen. Well, come to find out, it ran one lp tank dry, so I'm not sure how long it's been without power.

We also noticed the lights on the cup holder on the couch aren't on, so massage and heat doesn't work, and the central vac doesn't work now either. So I'm at a loss on what's going on here. Checked the breakers, and fuses in the garage. All were good. Am I missing something?

Supposed to leave in a week for Sturgis!

Help!! Lol
Stu117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like the circuit breaker/fuse that is outside on the power pedestal where you plug your power cord into the campground electrical system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Stu117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It sounds like the circuit breaker/fuse that is outside on the power pedestal where you plug your power cord into the campground electrical system.
I was kinda thinking that too, but I plugged into another outlet and still nothing. Even reset the breakers. Unless they could possibly have a breaker bad somewhere else. And it's only supplying so many amps to that pedestal. I never tried the AC units to see if they worked. I maybe should have. Cuz they probably wouldn't run off of the battery. But everything else would. Or am I thinking wrong?
Old 07-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Battery is for 12v items. You could run an inverter from the batteries to run the AC and other 110v items but you'd need another trailer full of batteries to do it!
Did you plug a radio or other electric appliance into the pedestal to be certain it has power?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
Stu117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Battery is for 12v items. You could run an inverter from the batteries to run the AC and other 110v items but you'd need another trailer full of batteries to do it!
Did you plug a radio or other electric appliance into the pedestal to be certain it has power?

No, we didn't.

The pedestal has 2 outlets on it, and 2 breakers.

I'm wondering if they don't have a bad fuse somewhere, and that's cutting down on amperage going to that pedestal.

But it still confuses me as to why the lights on the cup holders on the couch, and massage and heat aren't working, and the central vac. I'd say if it was just the fridge, I could possibly see it. But because it's those other things as well, that puzzles me. The couch and fridge are all on that slide. And the central vac is in the steps going up to the front right next to the fridge.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

The cup holders and massage and central vac are 110v items, not 12v. The battery doesn't run them.

Here's an article that may help. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...4QK66Xab7iKMlw

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Everything you mention requires 110VAC to operate. Your fridge will operate on LP as long as the battery provides power to the control board AND you choose either "AUTO" or "LP" mode.

If you have a NorCold refer, you have the option to set it to AC, LP, or auto. In AC mode, if there isn't 110VAC available you will get the NO AC Warning and the fridge won't cool.

In LP mode it will operate on LP as long as there is a supply of propane to,the burner.

In AUTO mode it will oerate on AC if the board detects voltage, otherwise it will operate on LP as long as there is propane.

IN ALL MODES, the control board needs battery voltage to operate.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #8
Stu117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
The cup holders and massage and central vac are 110v items, not 12v. The battery doesn't run them.

Here's an article that may help. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...4QK66Xab7iKMlw

Ok, that all makes sense now. I'm going to hop in the truck and maybe just put some gas in the generator, and start that. If the generator runs, that should make everything work.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #9
Stu117

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Everything you mention requires 110VAC to operate. Your fridge will operate on LP as long as the battery provides power to the control board AND you choose either "AUTO" or "LP" mode.

If you have a NorCold refer, you have the option to set it to AC, LP, or auto. In AC mode, if there isn't 110VAC available you will get the NO AC Warning and the fridge won't cool.

In LP mode it will operate on LP as long as there is a supply of propane to,the burner.

In AUTO mode it will oerate on AC if the board detects voltage, otherwise it will operate on LP as long as there is propane.

IN ALL MODES, the control board needs battery voltage to operate.
We have the norcold fridge. And when you put it on auto, the little gas indicator is the only one that lights up. And if you try to go to 110 only, you get the "no ac" warning on it.

I'm not sure how long it's been like this. We were last there on July 4 and everything was working properly. But now today, no juice. And one propane tank is empty.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Your getting the NO AC warning because you don't have 110 voltage. You have two propane cylinders and I'm sure an automatic switchover regulator. Next time, run the refer in AUTO mode and open BOTH propane cylinders. Your food wont be comprised.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #11
Stu117

Quote:
Your getting the NO AC warning because you don't have 110 voltage. You have two propane cylinders and I'm sure an automatic switchover regulator. Next time, run the refer in AUTO mode and open BOTH propane cylinders. Your food wont be comprised.
I had it in auto. But the switch was set on only one tank.

How long would a fridge like that run on a tank?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

A big 4 door Norcold has a bigger flame but it should go at least 2 weeks. If yours has the fans inside, your battery will run out of power WAY before the propane runs out.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #13
Stu117

Quote:
A big 4 door Norcold has a bigger flame but it should go at least 2 weeks. If yours has the fans inside, your battery will run out of power WAY before the propane runs out.
Ok. Well I looked on the touch screen thing, and it said 13.2v yet. So they aren't dead. And there are 2 batteries in it. I'm actually on my way back to the lake with a fluke meter and I'm going to check the pedestal for power when I get there. Hopefully it's something like a blown fuse somewhere by the transformer. And not something with the new toyhauler. Wife will not be pleased if it sat at the lake for a month and a half and already needs warranty work!
Old 07-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #14
K_N_L

Have you checked the GFCI outlet? Our 325 has the GFCI in the garage area, and all kitchen/outside outlets are on it. it is only 15 amp breaker which we trip sometime with the electric griddle, coffee maker, etc...

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:41 AM   #15
Stu117

Gotta say thanks to everyone for help and suggestions.

What I found, was KNL was correct. The gfi was tripped in the bathroom. And all of the 110 is daisy chained together, so that killed the fridge. Just had to add in, nothing, other than the main fridge, and small fridge in side compartment are plugged in and running. Never plugged anything into bathroom outlet yet.

So after I reset it, everything came on. But, the following day we went to the lake to pick it up and bring it home, and same thing. It was tripped. Well since it's been home, it has tripped twice. So my buddy who is an electrician, came out and replaced the gfi outlet. He said let's start there with the simple and easy. If it continues, he said we would pull all outlets, and check connections. And if we can't find anything, then take it in for warranty. Cuz it could be a grounded wire, or one hit with a staple or something he thought.

Anyone else here ever had a weak gfi? Or one that tripped a lot?
Old 08-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #16
Bigiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu117 View Post
Gotta say thanks to everyone for help and suggestions.

What I found, was KNL was correct. The gfi was tripped in the bathroom. And all of the 110 is daisy chained together, so that killed the fridge. Just had to add in, nothing, other than the main fridge, and small fridge in side compartment are plugged in and running. Never plugged anything into bathroom outlet yet.

So after I reset it, everything came on. But, the following day we went to the lake to pick it up and bring it home, and same thing. It was tripped. Well since it's been home, it has tripped twice. So my buddy who is an electrician, came out and replaced the gfi outlet. He said let's start there with the simple and easy. If it continues, he said we would pull all outlets, and check connections. And if we can't find anything, then take it in for warranty. Cuz it could be a grounded wire, or one hit with a staple or something he thought.

Anyone else here ever had a weak gfi? Or one that tripped a lot?
Mine did the same thing. All breakers were good and while looking my wife said the toy hauler receptacle had tripped. It appears that circuit is on a GFCI breaker AND a receptacle in the garage. Sometimes hen we overload the kitchen receptacle, the GFCI trips. I think the GFCI outlet is on the GFCI breaker as well, which is strange. It has happened only once, but it was a head scratcher as well. I has my multimeter out ready to pull the breaker panel off when my wife said the garage GFCi receptacle tripped. It has not happened again. And yes, GFCI's can get weak as far as I am concerned, I have replaced a few in my house because they tripped too easily.

2016 Impact 311
2002 F-250 7.3 (retired, but still own)
2016 F-350 6.7 Platinum
2010 EZGO
Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #17
auwingrider

any update on this? my Carbon 347 just did this yesterday. i reset the GFI outlet left it on ac only and empty. will check when i go back.
auwingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #18
Stu117

Quote:
Originally Posted by auwingrider View Post
any update on this? my Carbon 347 just did this yesterday. i reset the GFI outlet left it on ac only and empty. will check when i go back.
Yes, it was my gfci in the bathroom. My electrician friend stopped out one night and put a new one in, and haven't had a problem since then.

Tags
fridge, fuzion, power