Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #21
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
...If the dealer has the trailer ask him for a copy of the build sheet that came with the trailer. It will look sort of like the option sheet you attached but it won't have the other models, it should have the VIN of the trailer and then all the options as it came from the factory...
OK, that means that a trailer have a kind of window sticker with the VIN number which shows the factory options.

The trailer arrived the dealership last weekend on Tuesday I visit CW to have a first look of our new trailer and the first thing which I realized was that the trailer didn't have a booth instead the free standing dinette and no 2. AC.
In the moment when I asked about this options the sales manager told me that Keystone usually delivers this kind of trailers with the booth and no 2. AC and CW would install it later.
I responded him that I cant believe it that this is the usually way, but if they change it professional it would be OK for me.
I also asked him if the trailer have the "canadian compliance" which I ordered because friends from us lives there and maybe they would take the trailer after a couple of years and they told me "of course".

But I didn't fall from the tree because somebody shake it.

I think I cant trust this guy anymore and because of this I have to check all the options which I payed for and for this reason I need to prepared for the pickup.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

If you are at a CW there should be your salesman, a sales manager and then the GM of the store. If the salesman won't give you the spec sheet for the trailer he's trying to give you ask to see the sales manager. If that doesn't work, introduce yourself to the GM and tell him your problem. When they give you the spec sheet and it doesn't match what you ordered, there is a problem and I don't think I would let the salesman be the one to explain it; that should be done by the GM. If his folks aren't doing their jobs, or trying to pull something, he needs to be aware.

I don't know where the dealership is from you but they should be able to scan the spec sheet and send it to you electronicall so you can review it without having to go there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #23
Goofy

When se give me the call that the trailer is ready for pickup I take my time to check everything without rush.
The good think is, they like to have a cashiers check with shows al little bit over 28k to be happy but they will not get this money until I'm happy to.

Maybe I go first to my bank, pick up the amount in cash so that I can reduce the payment if necessary.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #24
michael_h

I wouldn't doubt that the trailer they are trying to pass on to you is not the trailer you ordered but a unit they were expecting for inventory already. I've seen this happen in the car industry.

I'd either hold out for the unit built to spec at the factory or get my money back and go somewhere else
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
When se give me the call that the trailer is ready for pickup I take my time to check everything without rush.
The good think is, they like to have a cashiers check with shows al little bit over 28k to be happy but they will not get this money until I'm happy to.

Maybe I go first to my bank, pick up the amount in cash so that I can reduce the payment if necessary.
Don't go to the bank and get cash; just not a good idea.

Communicate up front about the spec sheet and providing it to you. Tell them you will not come get the trailer until they provide you that spec sheet. If it's close, go to the dealership, start at the salesman, insist on the sales manager and then insist on the general manager. I've heard about dealerships trying to pull a fast one but I've never encountered it; it really sounds like they are trying to slip something by you....don't let them do it. Stick with the suggestions here, make them "show the money" (spec list) and get in their business. There ARE bad dealerships; I hope you haven't encountered one.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

2. A/C installed by the manufacture vs. installed by the dealership

Build sheet will have the trailer VIN and any appliance by brand, model number and serial number. The axle serial numbers are on that sheet as well.

I wish I was in Florida, I would gladly go to the dealer with you and figure this out.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:38 AM   #27
Pull Toy

Your question about a list of available options, and standard features should be available in the brochure or pamphlet from the manufacturer for your specific trailer. You can also find it on the internet at

http://www.keystonerv.com/cougar-xlite/

Good luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #28
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
...I wish I was in Florida, I would gladly go to the dealer with you and figure this out.
If I would now somebody near Fort Myers I would ask him to come with me to the dealership.

Last week at the first "showing" of the trailer I saw in the first moment that the trailer isn't as I ordered it.
I check the trailer and the GM Manager always walk behind me and to do so that everything is OK he try to make conversation how nice the trailer is, always bla,bla,bla...

Maybe it's was a mix between "look there is a stupid alien" and that my english sounds like a uneducated guy, that they think they can play with me... but they are totally wrong.

I didn't take the unit until everything in the trailer is how I ordered it or they reduce the final payment!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:40 AM   #29
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
If I would now somebody near Fort Myers I would ask him to come with me to the dealership.

Last week at the first "showing" of the trailer I saw in the first moment that the trailer isn't as I ordered it.
I check the trailer and the GM Manager always walk behind me and to do so that everything is OK he try to make conversation how nice the trailer is, always bla,bla,bla...

Maybe it's was a mix between "look there is a stupid alien" and that my english sounds like a uneducated guy, that they think they can play with me... but they are totally wrong.

I didn't take the unit until everything in the trailer is how I ordered it or they reduce the final payment!
That right there seems to tell me something. They should be showing you how everything works and that everything works and that everything you ordered, especially options, are there, not going blah blah blah about how nice it is. I'd be willing to bet he was trying to distract you and I think your feelings about that are right. Stand firm and listen to the advice you have been given here. You deserve to get what you ordered and what you are paying for.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #30
Goofy

Thank you all for the good wishes, I hope on the end it works for us and we can leave the place with our trailer and happy customers.

I will keep you up to date (hopefully next week).
Old 06-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #31
Jgkopp

Hopefully you got the 50 amp shore power set up as this was also a selected option. This will surely be needed for two a/c's.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElygXOXXGSc
Jgkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #32
Goofy

Yes, at the first visit I saw that the trailer was delivered with 50 amp setup, because the trailer was connected to a power outlet and I saw the 4 pin plug.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:19 AM   #33
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

There are two issues in play here:

1. Is the the coach prepped for the 2nd a/c. The answer, based on OP info, is yes.

2. Is the 2nd a/c controlled by a wall thermostat. The answer, based on OP info, is no.

From what I have seen, it depends on the coach whether the 2nd a/c is on a wall thermostat or not. I don't think this has to do with factory install or not. It is either a feature of that particular coach or it isn't.

I have a 2016 Outback. It has a dealer installed 2nd a/c, but is not controlled by a wall thermostat. I don't think that would change if the factory did it.

A comparable Laredo has their "race track" duct that integrates both a/c units. I love this, however I still preferred the Outback.

Whether the 2nd a/c is ducted is yet another question, which the answer is no based on OP. I think this is another coach design issue and not a dealer-vs-factory install issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #34
Goofy

Today is the day, we have a appointment to check and hopefully pickup the trailer, keep your fingers crossed.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #35
sourdough
Site Team

Hope it all works out the way you want. Let us know.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #36
dirt33

I hope that CW has finally made everything right, and that you get the trailer exactly as you ordered it.
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #37
Goofy

We could pickup the trailer on Tuesday, they had som issues but they fixed it right away.
At the end we get the trailer with all options which we ordered except the canadian compliance but they gave me the money for this option back.

On Sunday we can go on the road wit the trailer.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #38
dirt33

Great to hear Goofy. Good job holding firm and making sure that the trailer was outfitted just as you ordered it. Enjoy your travels!
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:29 PM   #39
chuckster57
Site Team

Wow, what an ordeal. Let's hope this is the end of any issues. Get on the road and enjoy!!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote