Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #1
pmcmath

Garage lighting

So what does everyone use for extra garage lighting. We have a Fuzion 371 and we pin the top bunk up and lower the bottom for a dining area. Problem is when the door is up like now due to rain the lighting is horrible. We put our portable electric lantern on it tonight and the lighting didn't seem high enough. Any thoughts as I am sitting here staring around for ideas lol.
pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
Way Of Life

I am faced with the same issue. I thought of installing some LED light strips to the bottom of the top bed. There is an outlet located in the wall up near the bed so power would not be an issue. 3 strips 5' long of the white LED should add plenty of supplemental lighting.

A person could also use the multicolor LED's to add some fun and flair to the garage. The LED strips should not interfere in any way when the bottom bed is in the raised position....Plenty of clearance.

Sounds like a project as this is where all the time is spent when the weather turns sour.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:10 AM   #3
EricLynnAllison

I put the LEDs as posted above. Works very well. Cut hole through top bunk to run cord along the edge of mattress to receptacle on wall.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #4
pmcmath

Sounds good. Would you please post a picture of what you speak of? It would be great so I would know more about what I was searching out. Thanks in advance. If you can't post a picture or want to make it easier please pm me and I can send you my cell for text. Totally up to you as this is an on going problem for us and the weather has been rough this weekend. Last night was horrible trying to play some cards and see them when sitting in the back corner.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
Springercl

Would love to have more light in the garage. Wondering what type of LED light strips were used??? Any pics would help. Thanks!
Springercl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
Timon

I've been using strip lighting, both single color and RGB, for quite sometime. For lighting under your trailer, under counters, along the floor and in coves you can beat it.

What's really fun is the RGB lighting that you can control each LED on the strip individually. You can really create a show with them.

Anyway, I order most of my strip lighting direct from a supplier in China since most of the US suppliers just want way to much for them.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
pmcmath

Pics anyone?
Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #8
Way Of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmath View Post
Sounds good. Would you please post a picture of what you speak of? It would be great so I would know more about what I was searching out. Thanks in advance. If you can't post a picture or want to make it easier please pm me and I can send you my cell for text. Totally up to you as this is an on going problem for us and the weather has been rough this weekend. Last night was horrible trying to play some cards and see them when sitting in the back corner.
This is a popular system at a very fair price and can be used in several different projects.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Cha...ed+light+strip
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #9
pmcmath

Im speaking of it installed under the top bunk. Thanks for the link though.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #10
wbatto

Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I've been using strip lighting, both single color and RGB, for quite sometime. For lighting under your trailer, under counters, along the floor and in coves you can beat it.

What's really fun is the RGB lighting that you can control each LED on the strip individually. You can really create a show with them.

Anyway, I order most of my strip lighting direct from a supplier in China since most of the US suppliers just want way to much for them.
LEDs are really cool,
We have a 381 Fuzion and have commented on the same problem with our garage. I had the same idea with LEDs strip too. I was thinking of putting three or four strips of white lights on the bottom of the top bunk only wiring them up to a battery box and rocker panel switch which would run along the side of the mattress and mount at the foot of the bed. This would eliminate the wire hanging down from the ceiling. I started fooling around with them this winter when I installed the RGB water proof ones on my golf cart with a music controller. Before that I had never used them before. I ran out of time before camping season to install them on my camper this year but I will install them as soon as I get a chance. They are very inexpensive and simple to install after you get on to them and start looking around on YouTube. I have also found Amazon is good place to buy the LEDs.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote