Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post
Hold on. I need to get me some popcorn. Be right back to watch the flame fest.
If we do this right we won't have to watch the fireworks when the clock strikes midnight tonight at Times Square. Have a big batch of popcorn and bubblies on hand and log on to the Keystone Forum. Go to the Towing and Tow Vehicles forum, sit back and read the posts.
If things get a bit boring while waiting for midnight, whip up a post or two and submit them here. Make sure they are sure to cause controversy and full of towing numbers, weights, and other data. And don't forget to include GVWR and a whole bunch of other abbreviations! If you don't know any, just throw in any old numbers and letter combinations.
And most importantly, don't leave your computer. Be here to catch all the action LIVE!
Sorry, I won't be able to join you folks. Have my son's wedding to go to but I will try to sneak a peek every so often just to see the flame fest and any bridges that might be burning or buy some that Steve has up for sale.
Have a good evening and Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #22
2011 keystone

Hey Dan

What do you think about the polite,helpful, and freindly people on our little forum here so far LOL. I hope out of all this your not more confused then when you asked your question. This realy is a great place to get alot of help. except for questions like will my truck pull this camper OR Witch truck is best.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
turbodog

Avalanche 290RL

I have read this thread and will be pulling the new Avalanche 290RL I am buying tomorrow and hopefully it will be ok with my 2011 F250 with the 6.7 diesel. However, what I was hoping to see was information on how anyone liked the Avalanche and what, if any, major problems owners have had. Seems all anyone whats to do on some of these threads is augue about towing weights. What about the actual Avalanche?
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #24
Dam-man

Avalanche

We have been full timing in our 2011 330RE for a couple of months now. Have not had any major issues and we love it. Took some getting used to but we went from stick house to the 5er. We think it's great! And still glad we made the purchase. The only major problem was the propane lines coming off of the tanks were leaking. Called the dealer and they sent me two new ones. The crimped connections were leaking and was going thru gas like crazy so I checked EVERYTHING with soapy water. There are several posts on here for the Alpines and the Avalanche is very similar. You should check those. They have been very helpful for me. Overall- very pleased with our Avalanche!
Hope this helps!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #25
cmssorrell

Glad you have not had any problems with your 330re Avalanche. I purchased a 2012 Avalanche 330re last Nov, it went straight to the dealership's storage. After a walk through/inspection April 5th it's going straight to a campground.

Mark

2012 Keystone Avalanche 330RE

2007 Harley Davidson Ultra
2000 Softail Springer
cmssorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
allentx1

We bought a 2011 340TG and we had a few issues in the shakedown trip but overall we are really enjoying it. As most have said on this post, once the wife saw it, she was done shopping. Problems we have had to date: Water pump leaked (into basement area, no real damage); sheared the bolt connecting the landing gear side to side causing only one side to lift/lower... the rear grey tank handle was impossible to operate and turned out it was a twisted seal; I still have the positive view of the trailer and it fits our family/friends perfectly. I still need to add airbags to my F250 since it sits low with the 5'er.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #27
turbodog

I bought the Avalanche 290RL and I am very happy with it. Used it three times and find the F-250 tows the unit very easily. May want to add airbags because the rear end dips a little more than I like. The Ford 6.7 diesel gets a pretty steady 12.7 mpg at 60 mph. Looking forward to full retirement next year so I can take a long trip in the Avalanche and not just long weekends. The hitch weight should not be to bad since the chairs in the rear weight a ton.
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #28
albertr

290rl

We have the 290 RL and we like it. Those chairs are very heavy. We got rid of them and the very heavy couch at the same time. The chairs were especially hard to deal with. We found that they could not be properly secured for travelling because they rocked and swivelled and limboed and knocked the blinds frame off. Euro chairs and reclining love seat works a lot better for us.... Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote