Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
Edayhoff

Outback 335cg

Does anyone own an Outback 335cg that they have put a large motorcycle in? I have yet to see the measurements of the garage in one, but seems somewhat limited.

Thanks!
Edayhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
Toni_lynn

Do you mean a 324CG? 7FT garage space? IF SO, I race motocross and have had three bikes inside the garage- a kawasaki 250F, Honda Grom, Honda Crf250R, two of those bikes are street bikes. Fit nicely. A bike, if too long, can easily be placed at an angle for added length In that space!
Toni_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Edayhoff

Thanks for the reply Toni. No it is a new 2018 model: 335cg. The garage area in the 324 looks to be a little wider, Just not sure of the length in the 335. Half of the garage area isn’t taken up with the back side of an outdoor kitchen. Also the tie downs look like they are for lighter weight bikes, mine are above 600lbs each. I may need to go to an impact for my hauling needs.
Thanks again!
Edayhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
rush2112

For reference, the total length for the garage is 102". Some of the large dresser bikes with top box may not fit when you put them in a wheel chock. Or you may have to remove the top box. Width is fine.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
1jeep

what type of streetbike? looking at that outback my concern would be the length of the door causing a steep ramp angle.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
rush2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeep View Post
what type of streetbike? looking at that outback my concern would be the length of the door causing a steep ramp angle.

I have an Adventure Bike that is 88" long. I use a wheel chock located at the front door and have plenty of room. The great thing about this door is it does come with an extension ramp with supports.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #7
RoadGlideR6G

I have the same question Edayhoff. I spoke to the Keystone Rep at the Tampa RV show last last and was able to get the following specs from him. Floor capacity 2500lbs, Tie Down 750 lbs, and the ramp was 1500lbs. He told me the garage length was 100". My 2016 RoadGlide Ultra with the tour pack off is 99" from front of chock to end of exhaust pipe. I really like the trailer but it would really be great to hear from someone on how the trailer rides with a 900lb motorcycle in it before I am comfortable pulling the trigger and getting one. Also I would actually have to fit check my bike in it first. rush2112 have you traveled much with your bike in the trailer? How do you like it?
RoadGlideR6G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
rush2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideR6G View Post
I have the same question Edayhoff. I spoke to the Keystone Rep at the Tampa RV show last last and was able to get the following specs from him. Floor capacity 2500lbs, Tie Down 750 lbs, and the ramp was 1500lbs. He told me the garage length was 100". My 2016 RoadGlide Ultra with the tour pack off is 99" from front of chock to end of exhaust pipe. I really like the trailer but it would really be great to hear from someone on how the trailer rides with a 900lb motorcycle in it before I am comfortable pulling the trigger and getting one. Also I would actually have to fit check my bike in it first. rush2112 have you traveled much with your bike in the trailer? How do you like it?
Ok, from the door to the living space back to the ramp door near the bottom is 103 inches. The ramp door has an extension, and with the ramp door closed and extension hanging down from the top of the door, that area is 102 inches.

My original bike was smaller so no issues. BUT, in November we purchased a BMW K1600 BGA. Top box can't be removed, and it's 100.8 inches long from the middle tip of the Top Box. And the top box lands right at the ramp door extension hanging down. What I had to do is get another chock, see below link, so that the front tire was as close to the front door as it could be. This chock against the door is 1/4 inch deep where the front tire touches, giving me about a 1/2 inch in between the top box and the ramp door extension. I had to get hooks to put in the ramp's door latchs on the inside so that the ramp door extension would not swing towards the bike. I put a blanket in between just in case. I used 2 tie downs in the rear, 2 in the front, and used a small tie down on the wheel chock to hold the tire in place. Not sure I needed this one but did it for security.

So, I've towed that setup to Ft. Myers Florida from where I'm at in the North GA mountains. No issues whatsoever.

https://wheeldock.com/
Old 01-30-2019, 03:51 AM   #9
RoadGlideR6G

That is some great info to know. Just what I was looking for. And the link to the chock you posted might just give me just enough space to make it work over my current Condor chock. I am happy to hear that you have not had any issues, I really like the Outback 335CG and that the garage does not take up all the space in back because the outdoor kitchen would be nice. I just need enough space to carry my Harley. Enjoy that new BMW, they are great riding bikes. I even considered trading my in for the R1200 because it is a lot lighter, shorter, and rides great. I just couldn't get myself to let go of my Road Glide.
Thanks for the response.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:43 PM   #10
RoadGlideR6G

Keystone Outback 335CG

Well we finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new 2019 Keystone Outback 335CG. Which has the half garage. We plan to carry our 2016 Roadglide Ultra. I did have to purchase the wheel dock that Rush2112 mentioned above. It should give me the clearance I need. I like it better than the condor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFB5BAEA-53F3-4614-838E-73ED1321DFFB.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	23053  
Old 07-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
rush2112

Quote:
Well we finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new 2019 Keystone Outback 335CG. Which has the half garage. We plan to carry our 2016 Roadglide Ultra. I did have to purchase a new wheel dock for it to fit.
Congrats. Wish I'd have known you were still considering. Have mine for sale.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
RoadGlideR6G

Why are you selling it, if you don’t mind me asking? Any issues with the trailer? Do you still have your BMW?
Old 08-04-2019, 05:21 AM   #13
rush2112

Quote:
Why are you selling it, if you don’t mind me asking? Any issues with the trailer? Do you still have your BMW?
We were going larger, but have decided to stay with this one.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:56 AM   #14
chuckster57
Site Team

Congrats on your new rig, Very nice!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #15
rczapla

Hi RoadGlideR6G, Any updates advice on your use of your 335CG and hauling your bike? My wife and I just purchased a 2020 335CG. I went through the same dilemma looking at the 324CG and the 335CG as I have a 2014 Victory Tour Vision and a 1985 Honda Goldwing Ltd. Before I purchased my Outback I went to the dealership with the GW bike and made the purchase contingent on being able to get at least one of my bikes into the trailer. I did manage to ride the Goldwing into the 324CG but it was just too tight to do it right every time. The 335CG gave me the extra few inches I needed to not fear crashing through the wall when loading the bike. I gave up on fitting the Victory into the 335CG. It's just too big. The GW, well she fits just fine but I have not hauled it anywhere yet. Just wondering about your experiences hauling your bike and any gotchas I should be looking for as I get ready to go camping with my baby. Thanks in advance.
rczapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #16
rush2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by rczapla View Post
Hi RoadGlideR6G, Any updates advice on your use of your 335CG and hauling your bike? My wife and I just purchased a 2020 335CG. I went through the same dilemma looking at the 324CG and the 335CG as I have a 2014 Victory Tour Vision and a 1985 Honda Goldwing Ltd. Before I purchased my Outback I went to the dealership with the GW bike and made the purchase contingent on being able to get at least one of my bikes into the trailer. I did manage to ride the Golding into the 324CG but it was just too tight to do it right every time. The 335CG gave me the extra few inches I needed to not fear crashing through the wall when loading the bike. I gave up on fitting the Victory into the 335CG. It's just too big. The GW, well she fits just fine but I have not hauled it anywhere yet. Just wondering about your experiences hauling your bike and any gotchas I should be looking for as I get ready to go camping with my baby. Thanks in advance.
I use a Wheeldock chock up against the door. This chock will hold the bike up so you don't have to put pressure on the suspension with tie downs. Watch out for the extension of the ramp while closed and bike is in the back. When you put on brakes it will swing forward. I have about 1.5 inches from my top box to the extension so I got some bungy cords and ran them from side to side hooked to the latches so the extension won't swing forward.
Click image for larger version

Name:	eff39a1217ed27ae628cda116f1507efe15266f3-14.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	23100
Old 08-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #17
rczapla

I would not of thought about the extension ramp moving forward with braking. THANK YOU !
Old 08-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
RoadGlideR6G

We have not taken our 335CG on a trip yet. The first one will be without the motorcycle. I will post an update after the first trip with the Harley Roadglide Ultra.
rush2112 thanks for posting the picture of your BMW loaded. Hope that you continue to enjoy your 335CG. I really like my new Wheel Dock. I am currently using it in the garage.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #19
rczapla

I just loaded my 1985 Golding (99.6 inches long @ 782lbs. dry weight) into the 335CG garage. IT IS A TIGHT FIT. I did get the Wheeldock chock. Thanks for the recommendation. We're going about 200 miles with the bike loaded in the back of the trailer. I'll post about our experience post the trip. A smaller bike would be a smart move along with adding a non-slip floor in the garage area. I don't know why Keystone put a regular floor back there but...I'll be changing it soon. I may add a small winch system to help load the bike and take some of the thrill out of riding it up the ramp to load it. We'll see.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
RoadGlideR6G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rczapla View Post
I just loaded my 1985 Golding (99.6 inches long @ 782lbs. dry weight) into the 335CG garage. IT IS A TIGHT FIT. I did get the Wheeldock chock. Thanks for the recommendation. We're going about 200 miles with the bike loaded in the back of the trailer. I'll post about our experience post the trip. A smaller bike would be a smart move along with adding a non-slip floor in the garage area. I don't know why Keystone put a regular floor back there but...I'll be changing it soon. I may add a small winch system to help load the bike and take some of the thrill out of riding it up the ramp to load it. We'll see.
Looking forward to your update after the trip. Was wondering if you know what your tongue weight is after you loaded your Goldwing? I purchased a black rubber floor mat from HomeDepot that I will use on the floor when the Harley is loaded. They have a couple different sizes.
Have a great trip and safe travels.

Tags
outback