Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Timster

2017 Bullet 269rls newbie 2nd TV mount

Hello everyone, We just upgraded to a 269rls and wondering where to mount the 2nd TV (bedroom). There is an outlet and cable hookup on the ceiling, but no sticker on the wall. The rep didn't seem to really know and suggested next to the door. He thought the wall sticker may have fallen off in the heat.

Also, any suggestions on where to buy a replacement cabinet door? The space under the oven is open and just has a panel covering it. Wasted space, so I want to add a door.

Thanks in advance for any guidance...
Tim
Timster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
Steve S

If you do a search here there's hundreds of posts about TV installs. As for your cabinet issue I'd just build a door as I highly doubt that you'll find one the exact same size.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
Timster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
If you do a search here there's hundreds of posts about TV installs. As for your cabinet issue I'd just build a door as I highly doubt that you'll find one the exact same size.
Thanks Steve,
I did a lot of searching first. Got a lot of really good ideas. I'm just trying to find out if someone else here has the same trailer and has the 2nd TV mounted already.
Also most of the cabinets in the trailer are the same size, so hoping someone has a sourcing suggestion. I can make it myself, but since the trailer is new, I'm trying to keep the factory look for now.
Thanks, Tim
Old 08-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have a door in your trailer that is the correct size, your dealership can order a door for you from Keystone (DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE PRODUCTION YEAR HAS ENDED !!!) Keystone typically sells all excess materials to Trekwood at the end of the production run. They stock and/or special order parts as well. They do usually have cabinet doors on hand for several years after the model year has ended. I've found that buying from Keystone through the dealer is about 1/3 the price of buying from Trekwood after they buy out the excess from Keystone. So, waiting will likely increase the costs significantly !!!

As for where the decal "should have been" on your trailer, if you do a google search for the model number, you'll probably find several RV companies that have the model for sale. Usually there are 20-50 pictures of the specific trailer. Scanning through those pictures of the same model may have a photo of the decal on the wall or may have a TV mounted in the bedroom. That would probably be your "safest bet" on where the TV mount should be installed.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timster View Post
Thanks Steve,
I did a lot of searching first. Got a lot of really good ideas. I'm just trying to find out if someone else here has the same trailer and has the 2nd TV mounted already.
Also most of the cabinets in the trailer are the same size, so hoping someone has a sourcing suggestion. I can make it myself, but since the trailer is new, I'm trying to keep the factory look for now.
Thanks, Tim
Tim I'm actually surprised that there isn't any posts about TV installs on your trailer. When I did mine I pulled the skins off and put a proper backer plate in there as the little piece of would that Keystone has back there wouldn't hold a jacket.
The dealership here has a huge room labelled 50% off and it's full of brand new extra parts and there's hundreds of doors among other RV stuff.
Like John said, order one from the factory as they'll have them plus they're cheap. Best of luck
Old 08-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
Timster

For anyone who stumbles across this post, looking for an answer, there is a backer board between the bathroom door and bedroom door. Don't try to mount on the door frame, like the dealer told me (or guessed). Just get a standard TV mount and use shallow screws (~1.5"). I centered mine right at 10" on both sides, about 18" off the ceiling. I used a Pyle PSWLB61 TV mount and a SuperSonic 22" TV/DVD. Fits perfectly between the two doors.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
temccarthy1

Quote:
Hello everyone, We just upgraded to a 269rls and wondering where to mount the 2nd TV (bedroom). There is an outlet and cable hookup on the ceiling, but no sticker on the wall. The rep didn't seem to really know and suggested next to the door. He thought the wall sticker may have fallen off in the heat.

Also, any suggestions on where to buy a replacement cabinet door? The space under the oven is open and just has a panel covering it. Wasted space, so I want to add a door.

Tim
Hi Timster. Another Tim here! There should have been a sticker on the wall right below and adjacent to your plug and antenna jack. You can tap with your knuckles and find the solid "spot" where they have reinforced behind the wall! I installed mine with no issues BUT be very careful because your walls are only 1" thick! My mounting bracket came with 2" screws and I bought 1 inch lag bolts allowing for the thickness of the bracket so as not to penetrate the wall which would have gone through the shower enclosure and made a real mess!
ENJOY your Bullet! Ours has been FLAWLESS in 3 seasons! Amazing quality of these Bullets!

Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet Ultralite 285RLS TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 Triton
Equalizer E2 WD Hitch
temccarthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #8
Tinner12002

Quote:

Tim
For your door, I'd look around in your RV and see if another door would work that's already in your rv, then have parts order one with all the hardware and you install it. Might not be that easy but that's what we did in ours. We had a spot with open shelves and wanted a door for them, just so happens another kitchen door would fit so I had parts get it for me.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #9
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by temccarthy1 View Post
Hi Timster. Another Tim here! There should have been a sticker on the wall right below and adjacent to your plug and antenna jack. You can tap with your knuckles and find the solid "spot" where they have reinforced behind the wall! I installed mine with no issues BUT be very careful because your walls are only 1" thick! My mounting bracket came with 2" screws and I bought 1 inch lag bolts allowing for the thickness of the bracket so as not to penetrate the wall which would have gone through the shower enclosure and made a real mess!
ENJOY your Bullet! Ours has been FLAWLESS in 3 seasons! Amazing quality of these Bullets!
Why would it have been a mess with the longer screws...would have made a great place to hang your towel after you shower!!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, newbie, tv mount